Coconut Fried Chicken:
Coconut Fried Chicken is a great replacement for our society’s love of deep fried chicken. This is grain-free and low carb and loaded with good fats, anti-oxidants and clean proteins. Coconut can handle the high heat that is used to fry effectively and although most the anti-oxidants in the herbs are damaged with the high temperatures they do offer protection against the formation of carcinogenic chemicals.
Eat these with some fresh, organic veggies to get more anti-oxidants with this meal. The anti-oxidants will help neutralize any of the free radicals that were formed during the high temperature cooking process.
Coconut Fried Chicken Ingredients:
24 organic chicken drumsticks
2 large organic eggs
1 cup of coconut flour
1 cup of coconut oil
1 tsp of pink salt
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of dried thyme
1 tsp of paprika (more or less if you like it hot or not)
Servings: 24 drumsticks
Coconut Fried Chicken Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Heat coconut oil in a deep stainless steel frying pan until it starts to bubble and snaps if you sprinkle water on it.
- Mix eggs up in a medium sized bowl
- Combine all the herbs and coconut flour in a large bowl and mix very well.
- Dip the drumsticks in the whisked eggs and then coat the chicken with the dry mixture and place in hot oil on pan. Allow both sides to brown nicely but not burn.
- Place finished chicken drumsticks on a sheet pan and put them in the oven for 10-15 minutes to bake.
You can find great pasture-raised chicken and other fantastic animal products through US Wellness Meats here