This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Coconut Short Bread Cookies Ingredients:
6 tbsp of coconut flour
4 large tbsp. of grass-fed butter (melted)
15 drops of vanilla stevia
¼ tsp of vanilla extract
Yield: Makes about 5-6 cookies
Coconut Short Bread Cookies Instructions:
- Turn the oven on and preheat to 350 degrees
- Mix all the ingredients together until it has the consistency of a thick paste
- Shape the batter into balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Press the cookies down gently on the tops with a fork or a knife.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes until they are lightly browned on the bottom
- Let the cookies cool completely on the pan, otherwise they will crumble.
Dr Jockers Comments:
Using coconut flour is a fantastic strategy because it is low-carb, full of healthy fiber and good fats that have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body. Grass-fed butter is full of essential fatty acids and fat soluble nutrients such as vitamin A, D, E, K2, phosphatydlserine and butyric acid.
I changed the original recipe, which used honey or maple syrup and instead substituted stevia which is an all-natural sweetener that is 100 times as sweet as sugar. Stevia has no impact on our blood sugar, which is why I prefer it over other sweeteners.
This is an amazing recipe that your family will love and enjoy!