DIY Cashew Milk:
This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Cashew Milk Ingredients:
1 cup of raw cashews
4 cups of filtered water
Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
2 tsps of vanilla extract
Liquid stevia to taste
Servings: 5 cups
Cashew Milk Instructions:
- Soak cashews in water for at least 4 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Take the cashews and 2 cups of water and put into a high power blender. Begin on a lower setting and increase the speed until the cashews are fully pulverized.
- Slowly blend in 2 cups more of water, put in the vanilla extract, pink salt and stevia.
- You can store the milk in a covered container in the refrigerator. It should last for 3 days in the refrigerator.
- If you want to make this thicker and more concentrated, you can use less water or if you are looking to make it thinner, than use more water
Dr Jockers Comments:
This is a fantastic milk replacement that tastes great and you can make it quickly! Cashews have a rich and buttery taste that is extremely enjoyable and this milk takes that same flavor and puts it into a refreshing drink.
This is a great alternative to almond milk and you don’t need to strain the mixtures like you do in almond milk in order to remove the almond skin. With cashew milk it is as easy as blending cashews and water.
Cashews are a rich source of copper, zinc and magnesium which help to improve the skin, blood vessels and brain. You can enjoy this recipe with some great coconut fudge brownies or some cashew cookies.
Let us know how you like this recipe in the comments box below!