Frozen Keto Almond Butter Cups
This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Keto Almond Butter Cups Ingredients
4 tbsps of coconut almond butter
1 tbsp of coconut oil
½ cup of sugar-free chocolate chips
5-10 drops of chocolate stevia or to taste
Pinch of pink salt
Keto Almond Butter Cups Instructions
- Get an ice cube tray and grease it with coconut oil
- Mix the chocolate and coconut oil and melt it on low heat
- Pour half of the coconut-chocolate melted mix into the ice cube tray – so you layer the bottom of each section of the ice tray. This will form the bottom layer of the cups.
- Mix together the almond butter and stevia
- Put the almond butter on the coconut-chocolate mix in each of the sections of the ice tray. This will form the middle section of the cups.
- Cover all the cups with the remaining chocolate, which will make up the top of the cups.
- Place the ice tray in the freezer for 10-20 minutes and then they should be ready to enjoy!
- Keep in the freezer to keep them good until you have them. Take out about 30 minutes before enjoying to let thaw out so they are easier to remove from the ice tray.
If you are unable to do almond butter, you can try cashew butter or sunflower butter. I really love the coconut almond butter which is a mix of coconut butter and almond butter. You can also use whatever sweetening agent you like, I prefer stevia but monk fruit is great as well.
Dr Jockers Comments
These look and taste amazing and they are low in carbs and loaded with good fats and anti-oxidants. The fats in the coconut and almond butter help support ketosis and improve your metabolism and burn fat. They are perfect for a summer-time afternoon snack for both kids and adults!
We use the Lily’s dark chocolate chips as they are sugar-free and sweetened with stevia and erythritol. If you struggle with one of these sweetening agents, you can also use cacao nibs which don’t have the sweet flavor but are still very good in this recipe.
The flavor combination of the chocolate, almond butter and coconut butter is unbelievable!!! The chocolate also provides polyphenol anti-oxidants that protect our brain and body. It also has PEA’s that stimulate the production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine and endorphins, helping you feel great!!!
If you are on the autoimmune nutrition plan, you can try this recipe by making coconut butter cups with just coconut butter and stevia to avoid the almonds and chocolate. This surprisingly tastes great, but itsn’t quite the delicacy that the chocolate and almond bring to this recipe!
If you are looking for a fat burning snack recipe for the summer that the family will enjoy, than try these tasty frozen keto almond butter cups. Enjoy!