Grain-Free Breakfast Biscotti:
This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Estheticain specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Grain-Free Breakfast Biscotti Ingredients:
1 cup of nut or seed flour
1 cup of shredded coconut flakes
2 tbsps of coconut oil
3 tbsps of almond butter
2 tsps of vanilla
¼ tsp of liquid stevia
½ tsp of cinnamon
Grain-Free Breakfast Biscotti Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Make flour by grinding sunflower seeds(or whatever nut or seed) in a coffee grinder until four forms.
- Place all the ingredients, except water, into a food processor. Pulse together. Add water if needed.
- You want the batter to form a ball.
- Place batter onto a parchment paper.
- Using your hands mold into a long log shape.
- Slice and place slices onto cookie tray.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until golden brown.
I love making a big batch of these to keep on hand for a side at any meal or a snack that is full of healthy fats and protein.
- You can do 1-2 tablespoons honey if you are not a fan of stevia and if you want to make it more of a dessert rather than a breakfast.
- You can use any kind of nut or seed flour. I used a combination of sunflower and pumpkin seeds. You simply blend the seeds in a blender or coffee grinder until flour forms.
- Feel free to add in dark chocolate chips or cacao powder or 1 tablespoon chia seed.
Dr Jockers Comments:
The classic coffee biscuit done in a grain-free, anti-inflammatory fashion! Perfect for your next house party or church small group session.
This is low-carb and uses superfoods such as coconut oil, coconut flakes and cinnamon. Coconut oil is the best natural source of medium-chain triglycerides (MCT’s) which help the body to burn fat and stabilize blood sugar and improve brain function.
Coconut flakes are a healthy source of MCT’s and they contain a great prebiotic fiber that feeds our natural microflora, improves gut motility and favors the development of good progenic (life giving) microbiota in our intestinal system.
Cinnamon helps to improve blood sugar sensitivity and when combined with fiber and MCT’s has a profound effect at stabilizing blood sugar levels. Stable blood sugar is the foundational key for healthy hormones, great energy and mental clarity.
You will thoroughly enjoy this recipe! Let us know how you liked it in the comments box below!