High Protein Keto Cookie Dough
This is a modified recipe from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Cookie Dough Ingredients
2 cups of nut or seed butter of choice
1 cup of vanilla protein powder
¼ cup of organic coconut milk
Stevia to taste
Dark chocolate chips
Cookie Dough Instructions
- Mix nut butter, coconut milk and and protein powder (and sweetener if using) until combined. If it is too runny, stir in another 1-2 Tablespoons protein powder.
- If it is too dry, add more nut butter or liquid sweetener, or milk of choice.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Enjoy with a spoon OR Scoop 1 Tablespoon portions and roll into balls.
- Use any nut or seed butter you like (almond, peanut, cashew, sunflower, pumpkin etc.)
- Because different protein powders and nut butter have difference consistencies, add more protein powder if too wet, and more nut butter, liquid sweetener, or milk of choice if too dry.
Dr Jockers Comments
If you love a great cookie dough that is sugar-free, grain-free and low-carb than you will want to try this recipe. This recipe is full of healthy ingredients that are fantastic for your body and is great for someone on an anti-inflammatory or ketogenic diet plan.
I like to use almond butter for this recipe and then our best-selling Bone Broth Protein. Bone broth protein is full of collagen protein which is rich in proline, glycine and L-glutamine. This protein helps to strengthen the gut lining and is great for the skin, hair, nails and immune system. Our bone broth protein is flavored with stevia and tastes absolutely amazing!
I love the Lily’s chocolate chips, which are sugar-free and flavored with stevia and erythritol. These are both sugar-free sweeteners that do not affect your blood sugar. Some individuals have issues with gas and bloating when consuming erythritol. If you notice than reduce the amount of chocolate chips in the batter.
You and your family will love this recipe!