This is a modified recipe from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Homemade Keto Crackers Ingredients
½ cup of sunflower seeds
½ cup of sesame seeds
½ tsp of garlic powder
½ tsp of onion powder
½ tsp of pink salt
2 tbsps of clean water
Homemade Keto Crackers Instructions
- Turn the oven on and preheat it to 350 degrees
- Use a high speed blender or food processor and place the sesame seeds, herbs and sunflower seeds and blend until the flour has formed.
- Add in the water, 2 tbsps at a time (if you make larger batches), until the seeds all clump together in a ball.
- Take the dough and put it on parchment paper and roll it until it is very thin for crisper crackers. You can go up to 1/4″ inch thick if you want sturdier crackers.
- Put the parchment paper and dough on a cookie sheet and cut into rectangles with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Don’t separate the dough yet though.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Take it out of the oven and give it time to cool on the cookie sheet and then break along the severed lines and serve.
This recipe should make about a dozen small crackers. You can feel free to double the ingredients to make more.
You can use other ingredients such as pumpkin seeds, almonds, cashews and pecans. You can also experiment with other types of seasoning depending upon what flavor variety you want to make.
Dr Jockers Comments
One of the biggest things my clients miss when they begin on an anti-inflammatory, ketogenic nutrition plan is the flavor and crunch of a zesty cracker or chip. These homemade keto crackers help to fill in the void. They are fairly simple to make, taste amazing and are full of great ingredients!
These doesn’t take long to make, provides a great crunch, are low carb/ketogenic and are loaded with anti-inflammatory nutrients. Sunflower and sesame seeds are a great source of healthy fats, B vitamins, trace minerals and magnesium. Adding in the garlic and onion powder supports the immune system and gives them a great flavor.
How do you like your crackers and what is your favorite dip to use?