This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Cinnamon Bun Cups Ingredients:
1 pasture-raised egg
2 tbsps of coconut flour
2 tbsps of coconut milk
1 tbsp of almond butter
½ tsp of aluminum-free baking powder
½ tsp of vanilla
10-20 drops of liquid stevia
1 tsp of cinnamon
Cinnamon Bun Cups Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place all ingredients except baking powder in blender
- Blend until well mixed, mix in baking powder.
- Pour batter into small baking pan, or mug.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Top with coconut cream
- If you are really in a hurry, you can microwave it for 2 minutes, if you are into that sort of thing;)
- You can put these in a mug, or any other small dish that is oven safe.
- You can use coconut cream from a can of full fat coconut milk- just mix with stevia or your favorite sweetener and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Dr Jockers Comments:
I know a lot of people who go crazy for cinnamon buns. Now you can have a much healthier – grain, free version of this American favorite. This recipe is sugar-free and loaded with healthy fats and good prebiotic fibers to improve the gut microbiome.
You can make coconut cream by taking a can of organic coconut milk and turning it upside down and placing it in the refrigerator for 12 hours or so. This process separates the cream from the water in the milk.
When you open the can (from the bottom – which is now the top, if that makes sense) you will notice the water on the top. Pour the water in a glass cup and keep as it is good for smoothies and shakes. Take the cream out of the can and put it in a bowl and add in ½ tsp of vanilla and stevia to taste.
You and the family will absolutely love this recipe!!