Keto Hash Browns
Yield 12 hash browns
- 1 head cauliflower, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup crumbled cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tsp sea salt or pink salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it with coconut oil.
- Place the cauliflower in a high-powered blender or food processor and pulse it until it is finely chopped.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 3 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and place on a kitchen towel for 1 minute. Wrap the cauliflower in the towel and squeeze out any remaining liquid.
- Return the cauliflower to the blender or food processor and add the remaining ingredients. Blend until a dough forms.
- Using a 1-tablespoon measure, scoop out pieces of the mixture and roll them into balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten the balls into small rounds.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Cuisine Breakfast or side dish
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2 g
Total Carbohydrates 3 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 2.6 g
Recipe by DrJockers.com at https://drjockers.com/keto-hash-browns/