1.Ames BN. A role for supplements in optimizing health: the metabolic tune-up. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004 Mar 1;423(1):227-34. [PMID: 14989256]
- Toffanello ED, Inelmen EM, Minicuci N, et al. Ten-year trends in vitamin intake in free-living healthy elderly people: the risk of subclinical malnutrition. J Nutr Health Aging. 2011 Feb;15(2):99-103. [PMID: 21365161]
- Block G, Jensen CD, Norkus EP, et al. Usage patterns, health, and nutritional status of long-term multiple dietary supplement users: a cross-sectional study. Nutr J. 2007 Oct 24;6:30. [PMID: 17958896]
- Fletcher RH, Fairfield KM. Vitamins for chronic disease prevention in adults: clinical applications. JAMA. 2002 Jun 19;287(23):3127-29. [PMID: 12069676]
- Moshfegh AJ, Goldman JD, Ahuja JK, et al. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. What we eat in America, Nhanes 2005-2006. Usual nutrient intakes from food and water compared to 1997 dietary reference intakes for vitamin D, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium – pdf. Published July 2009. Accessed February 22, 2011.
- Krebs-Smith SM, Guenther PM, Subar AF, Kirkpatrick SI, Dodd KW. Americans Do Not Meet Federal Dietary Recommendations.The Journal of Nutrition2010;140(10):1832-1838. PMC2937576
- Milk Processor Education Program. What America’s Missing: A 2011 Report
on the Nation’s Nutrient Gap. Why Milk.com. http://www.whymilk.com/pdfs/
what_americas_missing.pdf. Accessed August 3, 2011.
- Alexy U, Libuda L, Mersmann S, Kersting M. Convenience foods in children’s
diet and association with dietary quality and body weight status. Eur J Clin
Nutr. 2011 Feb;65(2):160-66. [PMID: 21139631]
- Klyose C, Muramatsu R, Kameyama Y, et al. Biodiscrimination of alpha-tocopherol sterioisomers in humans after oral administration. AM J Clin Nutr 1997 Mar; 65(3):785-789.
- Burton GW, Traber MG, Acuff RV, et al. Human plasma and tissue alpha-tocopherol concentrations in response to supplementation with deuterated natural and synthetic vitamin E. AM J Clin Nutr 1998 Apr 67(4): 669-84. PMID: 9537614
- Venn BJ, Green TJ, Moser R, et al. Comparison of the effect of low-dose supplementation with L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate or folic acid on plasma homocysteine: a randomized placebo-controlled study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2003 Mar;77(3):658-62. [PMID: 12600857]