This nutritional program is a lifestyle based approach that focuses on the natural God-given principles of health and healing. Nutritionally, we want to alkalize & de-inflame the body to allow it to function at its potential. The result is more energy, less pain, better organ function, and optimal weight. Follow these essential steps to dramatically improve your health.
Choose Food By God (Natural) Rather Than Food By Man (Processed)• Minimize all processed foods, artificial sweeteners, flavorings, preservatives, pesticides, herbicides, hormones, & anti-biotics that man has produced with little regard to nature.• Choose natural, organic, whole foods – fresh from their source.
- Use Fats That Heal and Avoid Fats That Kill
• Reduce/eliminate toxic, inflammatory fat sources
• Implement healthy fat sources as your chief calorie source to radically improve fat burning potential, brain function, & energy levels.
- Avoid Sugars
• Decrease insulin levels by minimizing any sort of sugar intake.
// Minimize grains
// Minimize most fruit
• Eat lots of vegetables and healthy fat.
• With decreased insulin levels and an abundant source of healthy fat, your body naturally switches over from a sugar burner/sugar craver to a highly productive fat burner.
- Change the Meat You Eat
• Grain-fed animals become highly inflamed, sick, & diseased. These animals suffer from heart disease, cancer, chronic pain, & obesity before dying a miserable death only to pass on their detriments to those who eat of their flesh
• Grass-fed, free range animals enjoy life with tremendous health. They pass along a healthy protein/fat source, loaded with brain-boosting omega 3’s and metabolism spiking Conjugated Linoleic Acid among other things to improve the quality of your life.
- Alkalize For Optimal Health:
• Include a lot of alkaline foods such as raw vegetables, extra-virgin olive oil, avocados, spirulina, chlorella, specific sea salts, apple cider vinegar, lemon, etc. in your meals.
• More processed something is: more acidic.
• Meals should be 75% alkaline veggies & oils & 25% acidic (meats, grains). Use good salts and herbs on your meals as well.
• Alkaline water and salts are recommended. This can be done by adding Himalayan Salt, Celtic Salt, or Redmond’s Real Salt to water, adding lemon to water or Beyond Organic Terrain liquid herbals to water.
- Utilize Fermented Foods & Beverages Whenever Possible: Fermented foods are rich in probiotics, enzymes and organic acids. These foods provide the optimal environment for a healthy gut and immune system
Include fermented raw dairy products such as raw cheese and grass-fed yogurt.
Use fermented vegetables such as organic sauerkraut, fermented assorted veggies, pickles, etc.
Use fermented beverages such as coconut water kefir or kombucha
Use organic fermented tonics such as apple cider vinegar
Vegetarian Sources: Almonds, Avocados, Brazil Nuts, Coconut, Hemp Seed, Flax Seed,Macadamia Nuts, Olives, Amasai, Walnuts & Sunflower Seeds.• In addition, the associated oils, milks, flakes, & butters of these products are great.• You can use these in abundance without worrying about gaining weight. Just listen to your body and avoid gluttonously overeating.• Coconut products – the medium chain saturated fats will boost your metabolism, improve immunity, lubricate stiff joints & fight dry skin.
- Animal Sources: Milk, Butter, Amasai, Eggs, Fish, Chicken, Turkey, Beef, Bison, Lamb,Goat, Deer, Elk, Grass-Fed Raw Cheese.
• Animal sources must be organic, grass-fed in order to be truly health benefiting.
• Fish must be wild-caught. If it is farmed it is dangerous. Look for things low on the food chain to avoid heavy metal contamination. Sardines are probably the best…wild Alaskan salmon is 2nd. Never eat Atlantic salmon – it is always farmed regardless of what it says.
Fruits & Vegetables:
- Staples: Anything dark green including asparagus, broccoli, spinach, dandelion greens, collard greens, cabbage, cucumbers, turnip greens, kale, snap peas, celery, swiss chard, cilantro, parsley, dill, etc.
- Colors: Bell peppers (green, red, yellow, orange), red cabbage, red/white onions,tomatoes, & carrots.
• You should be eating these in abundance
• Lightly steam, stir-fry, or eat them raw.
• Make your meals colorful for a full exploration of taste & nutrient potential.
- Starchy Vegetables: All food by God, but high in carbohydrates. Better are those that have the most nutrient density per gram of carbohydrate. Eat only in careful moderation.
• The better: Sweet potatoes, squash, & beans of any kind.
• The worse: Regular potato, corn and any grain
• Best grains: Millet, Quinoa, Ezekiel sprouted grains & brown rice
• Worst grains: Wheat, barley, oat, and rye (all gluten containing)
- Fruits: All food by God, but also contain a lot of sugar…the better are categorized by the fruits that have the most nutrient density per gram of carbohydrate. Eat only in careful moderation.
• The better: Strawberries, black berries, blueberries, raspberries, grapefruit
• The worse: Melon of any kind, pineapple, grapes.
- Sweeteners: Should all be used in moderation so as to not create a dependency on sweet flavor.
- The best: Stevia – all natural – and actually enhances your body’s ability to utilize insulin.
- The better: Honey (raw and local is best), coconut nectar, organic sugar. These 3 are all acceptable but must be used in careful moderation to avoid sugar/insulin spikes.
- The worst: All artificial sweeteners, non-organic sugar, agave nectar. All are highly toxic and inflammatory.
Herbs: Sprinkle on Foods or Drink Teas with these ingredients
- Immune Boosters: Garlic, ginger, oregano, echinacea, turmeric, curry, basil, thyme
- Balance Blood Sugar: Cinnamon, coriander, cayenne
- Detox: Dandelion, cilantro, dill.
- Brain Boost: Ginko, rosemary, ginseng, rhodiola, cumin, sage
- Mood Stabilizer: Kava Kava, lemon-grass, nutmeg, coriander
FOODS TO AVOID:
- Any processed food by man *Read labels*
• All pasteurized dairy products
• Processed meats, farmed fish, or conventional eggs
• All hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils (trans fats)
• Artificial sweeteners (splenda, sucralose, aspartame, nutrisweet, equal, high fructose corn syrup, etc)
• Artificial preservatives, flavors, textures, or additives. (MSG, hydrolyzed yeast, vegetable protein, etc)
- Toxic vegetable oils
• Corn, soy, safflower, cottonseed, sesame, canola, grapeseed, and peanut are the main culprits.
• Avoid cooking with any oil other than coconut, and use olive, hemp, and/or flax oil as a salad dressing.
- Sugar of any kind
• Fructose, sucrose, dextrin, maltodextrin, high fructose corn syrup, glucose, etc.
• Read labels!
- Soy, corn, & peanuts
• Highly GMO, pesticide ridden, & challenging for our bodies to digest.
• Soy contains phytic acids, enzyme inhibitors, goitrogens and certain isoflavins that are anti-nutrients & block thyroid hormone production.
• Peanuts have been known to contain a mycotoxin that is highly carcinogenic.
- Most Grains:
• High in carbohydrates and unnecessary to health and vitality.
• Particularly avoid wheat, barley, oats, and rye, which all contain gluten. Quinoa, spelt, millet, and sprouted grains are more beneficial.
- Perfect Food Greens: 10-14 servings of organic vegetables, sprouted legumes, single-cell algae, & natural living enzymes. The ideal multi-vitamin supplying your daily needs of all essential vitamins & minerals from whole superfoods your body naturally recognizes and easily assimilates. In addition, this acts as a powerful daily detoxifier.
- Whole Food Multi-Vitamin: One can use this instead of a supergreens powder or with it to add more superfood based nutrients to handle any deficiencies and to help the body deal with lifestyle stressors.
- Probiotics: Living organisms that enhance the digestion and nutrient absorbtion process. These organisms also play a very important role in immune function. In my opinion, this is the most critical supplement you can take. Important to get as pure a source as possible, ideally, without titanium dioxide. A typical serving should give you between 30-100 billion organisms. Incorporating high quality fermented foods like red cabbage sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, amasai, & coconut kefir is another great way to get the highest quality Probiotics into your diet on a daily basis.
- High Quality Omega 3: Essential fats play a critical role in fighting inflammation and supporting a healthy brain & nervous system. Critical fats include EPA & DHA, which should be consumed in a 3:2 ratio from a purified, 3rd-Party tested source. I recommend Nordic Naturals for fish oil, highest reputation on the market and loaded with EPA/DHA. Krill oil is also a good option, with Mercola brand leading the way. Aim for anywhere from 1.5-10g of EPA/DHA daily. Another essential fat, GLA, can be found in hemp seed/oil that is easily consumed as part of a healthy diet.
- Vitamin D3/K2: Plays a critical role in brain development, immune coordination and calcium metabolism. Over 90% of our society is deficient in D3 due to inadequate sun exposure. I recommend 5,000 – 10,000 IU daily of D3 depending upon sun exposure and pre-existing levels. Pair this with 45 mcg of K2. Optimal levels should be between 70-100 ng/ml.
THE SUPERCHARGED HEALING DIET ESSENTIALS
The body secretes insulin whenever carbohydrates (sugars/grains) or high levels of protein are consumed. Insulin is known to increase inflammation & fat storage. The typical American diet is full of carbohydrates causing rampant increases in insulin. This process causes produces inflammation, fat storage, and damage to the cellular insulin receptors.
The SuperCharged Healing diet dramatically reduces insulin secretions, allowing our body to heal receptor sites, burn fat more effectively and become more stable at the cellular level. This diet is essential for anyone who wants to lose fat mass quickly and is trying to recover from:
- Chronic Pain
- High Blood Pressure
- High Blood LDL/HDL ratios &/or Triglyceride/HDL ratios
- Type I & II Diabetes
- BioToxic &/or Neurotoxic Disorders
- Chronic Neurological Disorders
- Cancer or any other Serious Disease
- Certain body types (Metabolic Protein types)
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: Eat these in abundance. Best varieties include broccoli, cauliflower, artichoke, spinach, romaine lettuce, chard, collards, kale, arugula, bok choy, celery, green/yellow/red peppers, cucumber, zucchini, red/green cabbage, etc.
- Good Fats: Extra-virgin coconut & olive oil, grass-fed cow butter/cheese, free-range eggs, coconut milk & flakes, whole coconut, avocado, black olives, nuts (walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts are best), seeds (flax, hemp, & chia). These should be a strong part of each meal.
- Moderate Protein: Grass-fed & free-range meats, bone broth protein powder, wild-Alaskan salmon (1x/week)/sardines, fermented soy (tempeh), nuts/seeds. No more than 15-25 g/per meal. 4-6 ounces of steak is enough in a meal.
- Minimize Fruit: Berries are acceptable in small quantities. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, & cranberries. Great in a protein shake.
- Avoid Grains: Mary’s Gone Wild crackers, & Lydia’s crackers are acceptable in small quantities. No other grains/potatoes/squash, etc.
Omelets, scrambled eggs, sunny-side up eggs, Amasai with blueberries, salads, steak & broccoli/asparagus, hard-boiled eggs, nuts/seeds, avocados, tempeh, hummus, vegetable stir-fry’s with coconut oil, steamed veggies, coconut milk shakes with protein powder, red cabbage & guacamole, flax chips and guacamole, chicken, lamb, bison, venison, duck, sardines, Wild-Alaskan salmon. Coconut flakes (great snack, especially when frozen). For more snacks and recipes see the Recipes on DrJockers.com
[box type=”download” size=”large”]
Be sure to go to www.davidjockers.mybeyondorganic.com for highest quality green-fed meat, raw cheese, & probiotic enriched Amasai & SeuroViv and much more.