This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Cashew Cookie Dough Bars Ingredients
1 ½ cup of cashew flour
1 ½ tbsp. of coconut flour
2 tsps of vanilla
1/3 cup of coconut oil
Large handful of dark chocolate chips
10-15 drops of liquid stevia
Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
Servings: 8-12 cookies
Cookie Dough Bars Instructions
- Take the cashew flour, salt and coconut flour and mix into one bowl.
- Add in the chocolate chips and wet ingredients and mix.
- Once it is mixed together well, press the dough into a glass pan.
- Chill it is firm and then cut it into squares.
- You can make cashew flour by grinding up 1.5 cups cashew until a flour consistency, it is okay to have some pieces in it.
- Adjust the sweetness to your preference. If you like it less sweet leave out the stevia or go up to 10 drops. If you want it more sweet, use 15 and possibly even 20 drops.
Dr Jockers Comments:
This is a fantastic recipe that is grain-free, lower in carbs and tastes amazing! This is guaranteed to impress your family and friends!
This is a combination of good fats in coconut oil, with healthy fiber from the coconut flour and cashew flour. That combination helps us to burn fat, improve our gut health and reduce inflammation throughout the body.
The Lily’s chocolate chips taste amazing and are sugar-free. They do have a sugar alcohol, erythritol, that some get bloating and gas from. Many others do great with it. As an alternative, you can also use organic cacao such as these cacao nibs. Cacao nibs taste great when combined with other ingredients, but on their own they have a slightly bitter taste. One suggestion is that you can combine some stevia and a touch of salt as you melt the nibs down to remove the bitterness.
Let us know how you like this recipe in the comments box below!