This sugar-free cinnamon bun cups recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible site Renewing All Things – Biblically Based Health, Nutrition and Lifestyle specializing in neurobiology, healing, and mental health.
If you enjoy recipes like this, you may be interested in my advanced nutrition and recipe book the Keto Metabolic Breakthrough.
Sugar Free Cinnamon Bun Cups
Yield 1 Bun Cup
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 2 tbsps. of coconut flour
- 2 tbsps. of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. of almond butter
- 1 tbsp. of melted grass-fed butter/ghee or coconut oil
- ½ tsp of aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ tsp of vanilla
- 10-20 drops of liquid stevia
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
Step #1: Preheat oven to 350
Step #2: Place all ingredients except baking powder in blender
Step #3: Blend until well mixed, mix in baking powder.
Step #4: Pour batter into small baking pan, or mug.
Step #5: Bake for 25-30 minutes
Step #6: Top with coconut cream
***The nutrition info for this recipe is based on the linked ingredients above**
Serving Size 1 bun cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 30 g
Total Carbohydrates 13 g
Dietary Fiber 8 g
Protein 11 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- You can put these in a mug, or any other small dish that is oven safe.
- You can use coconut cream from a can of full fat coconut milk- just mix with stevia or your favorite sweetener and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Dr Jockers Comments:
I know a lot of people who go crazy for cinnamon buns. Now you can have a much healthier – grain, free version of this American favorite. This recipe is sugar-free and loaded with healthy fats and good prebiotic fibers to improve the gut microbiome.
You can make coconut cream by taking a can of organic coconut milk and turning it upside down and placing it in the refrigerator for 12 hours or so. This process separates the cream from the water in the milk. Coconut is full of healthy fats that support fat burning and brain health!
When you open the can (from the bottom – which is now the top, if that makes sense) you will notice the water on the top. Pour the water in a glass cup and keep as it is good for smoothies and shakes. Take the cream out of the can and put it in a bowl and add in ½ tsp of vanilla and stevia to taste.
You and the family will absolutely love this recipe!!