Beautiful Berry Chia Smoothie
This beautiful berry chia smoothie recipe is from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Estheticain specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Beautiful Berry Chia Smoothie Ingredients
1 can of full-fat organic coconut milk
6 tbsp of chia seeds
1 scoop of Bone Broth Protein
1 cup of organic raspberries or blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Liquid stevia to taste
Beautiful Berry Chia Smoothie Instructions
Step #2: Pour the coconut berry mixture into a mason jar or other container and add the chia seeds. May need multiple jars.
Step #3: Slightly stir the chia seeds in the coconut milk until the chia seeds are evenly distributed in the mixture.
Step #4: Place mixture in fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
Step #5: Layer chia pudding in another glass with more berries or simply top with fruit and nuts, enjoy!
When I want to switch things up for breakfast, chia pudding is the way to go. So many nutrients, with very little effort to put together. I love making this the night before, and I have a delicious breakfast waiting for me in the morning!
These seeds do amaze me.
Four tablespoons of chia supply:
- As much calcium as three cups of milk
- As much magnesium as 10 stalks of broccoli
- As much iron as one-half cup of red kidney beans
- 30% more antioxidants than blueberries
- 25% more dietary fiber than flaxseed
- Approximately the same amount of omega-3 as a 32-ounce fillet of salmon
Between the chia seeds supplying tons of nutrients, the coconut milk fueling your brain and boosting metabolism, and nuts and fruit to top- you have yourself one nutrient dense breakfast that will satisfy and make your body thrive.
- I also love adding some quality protein powder, either vegan or non-denatured organic pasture raised whey. The ones I used are vanilla flavor and naturally sweetened so I typically do not use honey, but if you want it a bit sweeter and do not use protein powder, go ahead and add some raw honey to the mix!
- Sometimes I like blending the berries with the coconut milk to give it a more blended, sweeter, even and delicious taste. Plus, it creates fun colors! You do not have to though, simply adding the berries after will work just fine. In this pudding, I did half in half.
Dr Jockers Comments:
Liquid nutrition is super easy on the digestive system and highly absorbable and usable by the body. Berries are low-glycemic and rich in powerful anthocyanin phytonutrients that protect the brain and fight against free radicals.
I love grass-fed whey protein because it helps boost glutathione levels. Glutathione protects our intracellular organelles such as the genetic material itself. Whey is also rich in branched chain amino acids that support healthy lean body tissue and fat burning. Unfortunately, I see many people struggle with whey protein, so my new favorite protein is bone broth or collagen protein.
For auto-immune cases or individuals who struggle with food sensitivities I recommend my bone broth protein which tastes great and give you all the gut healing, anti-aging benefits of bone broth in a protein powder.