This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Coconut Cream Bars Ingredients
2 cups of coconut butter
2 cups of organic blueberries
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 drops of lemon essential oil
10 drops of stevia or to taste
Pinch of pink salt
1 cup of filtered water
¼ cup of raw honey instead of stevia as the sweetener
1-2 scoops of high quality protein powder
Coconut Cream Bars Instructions
- Melt coconut butter over low heat until it’s smooth and creamy. Depending on your brand of coconut butter, you may want to add a couple a teaspoons of coconut oil to make it more creamy. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender mix coconut butter, water and berries together until smooth.
- Add stevia, salt, vanilla extract, lemon.
- Mix all the ingredients together and mold into a greased 8×8 inch pan.
- Refrigerate for one hour or until the bars are cooled.
- Cut the bars into squares and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Dr Jockers Notes
These look and taste amazing and they are low in carbs and loaded with good fats and anti-oxidants. Coconut fats help you burn fat, strengthen your thyroid and gut lining and help to reduce inflammation in the body.
Blueberries are rich in anthocyanin anti-oxidants that protect the body from oxidative stress. The lemon essential oil helps give a great flavor and a synergistic combination of vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids that help improve blood flow and oxygenation throughout the body.
You can use these bars as a quick breakfast, especially when you add in a high quality protein powder. They are also really nice to throw into a smoothie, as they add a creamy and smooth flavor. They are also a great dessert or side snack that are full of healthy ingredients and taste amazing. Enjoy!