The Importance of Cleansing
Have you ever heard of cleansing our bodies? We know that life in the 21st Century is full of stress and environmental toxicity. We have over a hundred thousand toxic chemicals in our surrounding environment that we are interacting with regularly. A lifestyle built around daily detoxifying strategies and periodic cleansing periods is essential to health in the modern world.
Researchers estimate through various studies that the average person living today is carrying a minimum of 700 known toxins in their blood, skin, fat tissue, brain tissue, liver, digestive and other organ systems (1, 2, 3, 4).
Some of the major contaminant agents are found in household cleaning agents, personal hygiene products, lawn care products, food, water and other drinks as well as the air we are breathing.
Toxins Block Healthy Function:
The body does everything it can to bind and eliminate these chemicals every day. The major eliminatory organs are the colon, skin, kidneys and lungs. These organs should go through a daily detoxification process.
If this doesn’t happen the waste products and toxins accumulate in the cells and tissues of the body. This toxic bioaccumulatory process causes inflammation and damage that leads to chronic disease and abnormal brain and nervous system activity (5, 6).
Toxicity Blocks Key Systems of the Body:
The digestive system, kinetic energy system and immune system all compete for energy. When we are eating throughout the day it drives more energy into our digestive system and away from our immune system. This is especially true if we are eating low-energy foods such as sugars, grains and other processed foods.
Low energy foods and other environmental toxins cause a back jam in the digestive system and eliminatory organs. This creates an environment for opportunistic parasites to thrive. The parasites excrete more toxic substances that effect lymphatic function, cellular oxygenation and immunity.
The Goal of Cleansing:
The goal of a cleansing program is to flush out impurities and optimize function. It gives the over-burdened internal organs time for physiological rest and rehabilitation. This allows the body to free up energy to enhance healing processes. This also allows the body to utilize enzymes for clearing out parasites and abnormal cell development.
During a cleansing period most people will feel a myriad of different experiences. Many feel tired and weak for the first two days and then often feel clear and peaceful by the third day. Some people remark that they feel the best while they are cleansing while others feel awful.
The Results of Cleansing:
The major results most people experience with or after a cleansing period include:
Excess Weight Loss Improved Energy Enhanced Immunity
Better Skin & Hair Reduced Pain More Restful Sleep
Mental Clarity Better Digestion Improved Healing
The Detoxification Diet:
Daily detoxification strategies include an anti-inflammatory diet that is low in sugar and starch. This lifestyle is loaded with fermented foods, anti-oxidant rich superfoods and herbs. The bulk of the calories should come from good fats such as coconut and avocados and clean proteins from organic and grass-fed animal products.
Cycles of intermittent fasting with quality fluid intake for periods of 12-18 hours daily are highly beneficial for eliminating a majority of toxins consumed that day.
Periodic cleansing periods where solid food is eliminated for periods of 24-72 hours are highly recommended. Water fasting is not recommended as it can lead to key electrolyte deficiencies that can wreak havoc on the body. An appropriate cleanse should be supported with fermented drinks that provide potassium, enzymes, organic acids and B vitamins to resource the eliminatory channels.
It is also advantageous to use coconut oil during the cleansing period to enhance detoxification processes. Coconut oil feeds the immune system and helps provide medium-chain triglycerides that destroy parasitic microorganisms. It also helps to provide a clean energy source for the brain and reduces inflammation.
10 Best Strategies for Daily Detoxification:
1. Drink Hydrating Fluids: Be sure to drink at least half your body weight in ounces of clean, filtered water daily. Adding lemon/lime or apple cider vinegar to your water enhances the detoxifying effects.
2. Anti-Inflammatory Diet: Keep grains, sugars, bad fats and commercialized meat out of your diet. Load up on non-starchy veggies, low-glycemic fruit (lemons/limes, grapefruit, berries, granny smith apples), organic meat, good fats (coconut, grass-fed butter/ghee, olives, olive oil and avocados). Use herbs in abundance and fermented foods and tonics like apple cider vinegar
3. Practice Intermittent Fasting: Doing a liquid fast for 16-24 hrs daily or even just a few days a week can be an incredible practice to improve detoxification pathways. I personally enjoy doing 16-18 hour fasts daily where I eat my meals between a 6-8 hour eating window (12-7pm for example).
Outside of meal times I drink plenty of water, greens powders or green juices sometimes and herbal teas. For more info on intermittent fasting read this article
4. Regular Exercise: Moving your body improves your respiration and perspiration outlets. It also helps mobilize body fat stores where many toxins reside and gets these toxins into our circulation. I recommend doing a lot of low-intensity movement each day such as walking, light bicycle riding, dancing, recreational sports, etc.
I recommend doing high-intensity strength training several times per week in the form of resistance training and surge training.
5. Juice Greens or Use Greens Powders: Juicing greens provides a tremendous amount of chlorophyll and phytonutrients that enhance the detoxification process. To learn more about proper juicing strategies read this article. I also recommend using greens powders such as Organic Supergreens here
6. Use an InfraRed Sauna: Fantastic way to boost your detoxification processes. Read this article on Sauna usage.
7. Use Essential Oils: Using an essential oil diffuser in your home and applying essential oils can be of great benefit for detoxification.
8. Practice Oil Pulling: This is an outstanding way to remove microbial debris from the body on a regular basis. Read this article for more info on oil pulling.
9. Improve Your Gut Motility: Improving bowel movement frequency and consistency is a key detoxification concept. Consuming an anti-inflammatory diet with good fiber sources such as chia seed and flax seed, using bone broths, fermented foods and probiotics will improve bowel motility.
10. Use a High Quality Detoxification System: Using a detoxification system can help sweep out the toxins you are exposed too on a daily basis. This is not a harsh colon cleanse that leaves you on the toilet all day, but instead it promotes a gentle and comfortable detoxification process that will not interfere with your daily life.
Within days most people notice they have improved energy, less pain, mental clarity, improved complexion and they sleep deeper. I have seen fantastic health results both personally and professionally using this product system.
Inflammation Crushing Ebundle
The Inflammation Crushing Ebundle is designed to help you improve your brain, liver, immune system and discover the healing strategies, foods and recipes to burn fat, reduce inflammation and Thrive in Life!
As a doctor of natural medicine, I have spent the past 20 years studying the best healing strategies and worked with hundreds of coaching clients, helping them overcome chronic health conditions and optimize their overall health.
In our Inflammation Crushing Ebundle, I have put together my very best strategies to reduce inflammation and optimize your healing potential. Take a look at what you will get inside these valuable guides below!