Keto Coconut Custard Lemon Pie
This Keto coconut custard lemon pie is a tasty recipe made by Chené who is our recipe and social media manager from South Africa. Chené is a gifted photographer and posts recipes and lifestyle images on her instagram page here. I loved this recipe and I think you guys will really enjoy the keto coconut custard lemon pie.
Keto Coconut Custard Lemon Pie
Yield 12 slices
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Swerve sweetener, monkfruit sweetener OR 10 dropper fulls of liquid lemon stevia
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 4 ounces unsweetened shredded coconut
- Gather all ingredients. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. Prepare pie dish by spraying with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients, except the shredded coconut, until well combined and has a custard like texture.
- Fold the shredded coconut into the custard mixture. Pour mixture into prepared pie pan and bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it cool down.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 16 g
Total Carbohydrates 6 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
When you bake with coconut flour it is very drying and that is why we add in the coconut milk to help soak up the flour and create the cake like texture. The more coconut flour you use the more dry the lemon pie will be and the more coconut milk the more liquid the lemon pie will be. We found the right ratio with this recipe so try that out.
For sweeteners, you can use the Swerve, Monk Fruit sweetener here or the lemon stevia drops. My body does best with stevia as opposed to sugar alcohols like erythritol which are found in the Swerve and Lakanto monk fruit sweetener but many people do just fine with the erythritol. If you notice issues with gas, bloating, drop in energy after consuming sugar alcohols…than try replacing them with stevia and see how you do.
Dr Jockers Comments
This lemon pie tastes fantastic and is full of anti-inflammatory and fat burning ingredients. If you want a great keto dessert than I would highly recommend trying this one!
The coconut flour and coconut flakes provide a great fiber to support the microbiome. The lemon zest adds vitamin C and bioflavonoids that help reduce inflammation and improve blood flow and oxygen delivery to the tissues of the body.
The eggs provide healthy fats and fat soluble nutrients like vitamin A, D, E and K2 as well as protein. If you are looking for an additional protein boost to add into this than you can add some Organic Bone Broth Collagen protein which is great for the joints, skin, hair, nails and gut lining. I have added it to many baked goods and they come out even better in my opinion.
This lemon pie is totally worth the time and effort to make because I know you will LOVE IT like I do! Let us know your experience with this recipe in the comments section below!!