Raw Maple Spice Drop Cookies
This recipe is made by my former patient service specialist at Exodus Health Center – Diane Walker.
Raw Maple Spice Drop Cookies Ingredients:
- 2 Cups organic dried, shredded coconut
- 1/2 Cup organic tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 1/2 Cup organic grade B maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 Cup organic extra virgin coconut oil (liquid)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
Raw Maple Spice Drop Cookies Directions:
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl except the shredded coconut. Remember you must melt the coconut oil in a sauce pan until it is in liquid form.
- Mix well and when mixture is smooth add in shredded coconut until well combined.
- Spoon or use your hand to drop cookies onto cookie sheet (or parchment paper).
- Cover and Freeze for about 30 min and then serve!
- This recipe makes about 15 small-medium drop cookies!
- This cookies will keep in the freezer for about 2 weeks!!
Dr Jockers Comments:
This is a fun and great tasting recipe that is loaded with powerful superfoods. Coconut is one of the best foods for your hormones and your metabolism. The medium chain triglycerides in the coconut speed up your metabolism and help fuel your immune system and rebuild your intestinal lining.
We are using a natural sweetener in grade B maple syrup which is low glycemic and full of nutrients. We are also using cinnamon which helps improve insulin signaling and reduces the negative effects of blood sugar. Your family will love these healthy treats! Enjoy!