Stuffed Avocado with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
She also has a great YouTube channel you can check out as well. I love this recipe and I think you guys will really enjoy it!
If you enjoy recipes like this, you may be interested in my advanced nutrition and recipe book the Keto Metabolic Breakthrough.
Stuffed Avocado with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
Yield 4 Servings
For the Chicken:
1 lb. organic chicken breast
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil or butter for cooking
1 yellow onion
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp. organic garlic powder
1/2 tsp. organic onion powder
1/2 tsp. organic dried oregano
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
For the Creamy Cilantro Sauce:
2 Tbsp. cilantro leaves
1/2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. sea salt, to taste
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp water, as needed
2 ripe Hass avocados
Step 1: Add all the chicken seasonings together (garlic through black pepper) and season the chicken on both sides.
Step 2: On medium heat pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan and cook the chicken on both sides for 3–5 minutes. Next, add the chicken broth and onions. Cover and allow to simmer for 15–20 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. If the broth is evaporating, add more broth.
Step 3: Once chicken is cooked, transfer to bowl and carefully shred.
FOR THE SAUCE:
Step 1: In a small bowl, add the coconut yogurt, cilantro, lime, garlic, sea salt and black pepper and mix well. Add 1–2 tablespoon(s) of water if you want a thinner sauce.
Step 2: Slice the avocados in half and remove seeds. Add in 1/2 cup of shredded chicken on top of each avocado half. Drizzle the cilantro garlic yogurt sauce on top and serve immediately.
Courses Main Dish
Serving Size 1/2 avocado, topped
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 22 g
Total Carbohydrates 14 g
Dietary Fiber 8 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 28 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
If you would like to try out other toppings, here are some of my top picks: chopped cucumbers, chopped radishes, diced red onions, and turkey bacon.
Dr Jockers Comments:
This Stuffed Avocado with Creamy Cilantro Sauce recipe looks and tastes amazing and is full of ingredients that are anti-inflammatory and fat burning. Your family will LOVE this tasty and healthy recipe!
This recipe is high in protein and healthy fats that help to stabilize your blood sugar, support lean body tissue development and improve fat burning. It is also rich in polyphenols from cilantro, oregano, and lime juice. Avocados are rich in healthy fats, antioxidants and prebiotic fibers to support the gut microbiome.
You can either use organic sour cream or if you need this to be dairy free, use the unsweetened coconut milk yogurt. You will love the flavor and the anti-inflammatory benefits of this great recipe!
Where to Get the Best High Quality Meat Products
I get my grass-fed and grass-finished beef from Wild Pastures which provides the highest quality meat products from farmers who take great care of their land and their animals. By partnering with a network of small, local farms across the country and buying in bulk, (absolutely no imported meat or factory farms!) they are able to charge less than competitors while offering higher quality, fresher meat.
How Wild Pastures Works:
- Wild Pastures sources from farmers and fishermen who meet the highest standards for quality.
- You choose your box and delivery frequency. They offer curated and customized boxes, so you get exactly what you and your family love.
- Wild Pastures ships your order, frozen at the peak freshness and packed in an eco-friendly, 100% recyclable box.
- You enjoy high-quality meat delivered to your door and more time for amazing meals together.
Here are the reasons why I LOVE using Wild Pastures
- High-Quality Meat: Delicious 100% grass-fed beef, pasture-raised chicken, heritage-breed pork, and wild-caught seafood.
- Unbeatable Value: Average cost = Less than $7 per meal.
- Flexibility: Box options and delivery frequencies to fit your needs, cancel any time with no penalty.
- Convenience: Great-tasting, high-quality meat you can feel good about, delivered right to your doorstep (FREE shipping).
- Decisions That Make a Difference: Wild Pastures cares about animals and our planet, improving livelihoods for farmers and better meals enjoyed together.
If you sign up for Wild Pastures today, you can get $100 off ($20 OFF your first 5 boxes!)
Inflammation Crushing Ebundle
The Inflammation Crushing Ebundle is designed to help you improve your brain, liver, immune system and discover the healing strategies, foods and recipes to burn fat, reduce inflammation and Thrive in Life!
As a doctor of natural medicine, I have spent the past 20 years studying the best healing strategies and worked with hundreds of coaching clients, helping them overcome chronic health conditions and optimize their overall health.
In our Inflammation Crushing Ebundle, I have put together my very best strategies to reduce inflammation and optimize your healing potential. Take a look at what you will get inside these valuable guides below!