SuperCharged Cilantro Sauce:
This cilantro sauce recipe is by my friend Kelcie Yeo. She has one of my favorite recipe blogs “Kelcie’s Kreations” that you can find here
Supercharged Cilantro Sauce
Yield 3 cups
- 2 big bunches of organic cilantro
- 1 cup of FRESH organic chopped sage
- 1/2 cup FRESH organic chopped basil
- 1/2 cup FRESH organic chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup organic yellow mustard
- 2 cups organic Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 peeled lemon (you might want to try to de-seed it too)
Step #1: Gather ingredients
Step #2: Blend in a blender.
Step #3: Pour into a bowl and serve with veggies, on salads or with meats!
***The nutrition info for this recipe is based on the linked ingredients above**
Courses Side dish
Serving Size 2 tbsp
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Carbohydrates 2 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Dr Jockers Comments:
This is an amazing dish that works great as a sauce on a number of different dishes and tastes amazing. It is also a superfood synergy that has amazing digestive enhancing and detoxification benefits. Cilantro is a natural heavy metal chelator that grabs up mercury, lead and aluminum and helps pull them out of the body.
This is also loaded with aromatic Italian herbs like sage, basil and oregano that are extraordinarily rich in anti-oxidants. The lemon bring tons of vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids that enhance circulation throughout the body that helps eliminate wastes.
I love using this with meat dishes and especially BBQ as the anti-oxidants help to blunt any sort of heterocyclic amines that may have been produced from the BBQ process. In addition, the flavor and moisture are so good on these sort of dried out cooked meat dishes. Of course, you can also use it as a dip for veggies or a salad dressing. Try it out and let us know how you enjoyed it!