This is a modified recipe from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Chocolate Keto Brownies Ingredients:
½ cup of coconut almond butter
½ cup of chocolate chips
½ cup of mashed avocado
1 tbsp of coconut oil
3 tbsps of cacao powder
Yield: Makes 8 square shaped brownies
Keto Chocolate Brownies Instructions:
- Begin by preheating the oven to 325° F
- Take a normal size loaf pan and grease with coconut oil or line w/parchment paper
- Combine the nut butter, coconut oil, cacao powder, sweetener and avocado into a blender or food processer and blend up.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the entire mixture into the loaf pan.
- The batter is going to be very thick. Take the back of a spoon and do your best to level out the batter across the pan as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then take out of the oven and allow to cool.
Feel free to use whatever nut butter works best for you. Some options include the coconut almond butter I used, or just a regular almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter.
If you double the ingredients in this recipe, you can bake it in an 8×8 pan instead of the loaf pan.
Dr Jockers Comments:
The combination of dark chocolate, coconut oil and avocado provides healthy fats, fiber and anti-oxidants to help the body produce good hormones that optimize your metabolism.
Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fat and fat soluble anti-oxidants such as vitamin E and carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin. It is also a great source of fiber, potassium and magnesium.
Chocolate is rich in PEA’s which boost up our endorphins and support dopamine and serotonin production. This combo lifts up our mood and gives us more energy, drive and focus. Chocolate always works best when it is combined with healthy fats like avocado and coconut.
Stevia and monk fruit are our favorite natural sweeteners because they are one hundred times sweeter than sugar and have no effect on blood sugar.
Try this recipe out and let us know how you like it!