This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Lemon Coconut Pudding Ingredients:
½ cup of lemon juice
3 tablespoons of grass-fed beef gelatin
2 cups of full fat organic coconut milk (in can)
¼ tsp of vanilla extract
Stevia to taste
Lemon Coconut Pudding Instructions:
- First, Put 1/2 cup of water into a pan, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and set aside for a few mins until it becomes soft and spongy.
- Next, put the lemon juice, coconut milk and vanilla into a mixing bowl or mason jar.
- Next, heat the gelatin mixture on low- low heat just until dissolved and no more.
- Right when the gelatin is dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in the honey or stevia then immediately whisk into the lemon coconut mixture.
- Divide mixture between 3-5 small glasses and chill until set.
You can sweeten anyway you like: stevia, maple syrup, or raw honey
I use this brand of gelatin because it is pastured-raised without pesticides or chemicals.
This is not like a thick greek yogurt style but rather a very ‘fluffy’ type pudding.
Dr Jockers Comments:
This is a low-carb, ketogenic style recipe that is loaded with collagen protein that helps improve your skin, hair, nails, joints and intestinal membrane. Grass-fed beef gelatin or collagen protein is an outstanding protein source for anyone looking to reduce the effects of aging, improve their beauty characteristics, strengthen their joints and heal leaky gut syndrome.
Coconut milk provides a great dose of anti-inflammatory medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) that are easily metabolized by the body and used to burn fat. Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids which are classified as vitamin P.
I like to use lemon or vanilla flavored Sweet Leaf stevia to enhance those two flavors in this recipe. This is great as a breakfast, a snack or dessert. Try this one out and let us know what you think in the comments box below.