This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Turmeric Bars Ingredients:
2 cups of coconut milk
1 tbsp of ground turmeric
4 tbsps of grass-fed beef gelatin
10-15 drops of liquid stevia
Pinch of black pepper
½ tsp of cinnamon
3 tbsps of raw honey as an alternative sweetener
Turmeric Bars Instructions:
- In a saucepan, put the turmeric, stevia and coconut milk
- Heat on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Check sweetness and adjust to taste.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle gelatin powder over warm liquid.
- Whisk vigorously for about 1 minute, ensuring gelatin powder is completely dissolved.
- Pour into a glass dish and refrigerate until gelatin is firm and you can cut it into small portions with a knife.
Dr Jockers Comments:
This recipe combines 3 extremely healing ingredients and is low-carb and ketogenic. This may be one of the best beauty food combinations! Additionally, it is easy to make and tastes great!
The grass-fed beef gelatin provides collagen proteins that support healthy discs, ligaments, tendons, skin and hair. It helps to strengthen our joints and prevent against the development of injuries or help to heal them faster.
The combination of the collagen proteins in the gelatin, the medium chain fats in the coconut milk and the anti-inflammatory and liver cleansing properties of turmeric, these bars will help make you happier and more beautiful!
Great recipe to have around and snack on throughout the day to stay in ketosis and reduce inflammation throughout the body! Let us know how you liked it!