This recipe is from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Estheticain specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Coconut Milk Ice Cream Ingredients:
2 cans of full fat coconut milk
1 tsp of vanilla
½ tsp of stevia
Instead of stevia you can use 1-3 tbsps of raw honey or grade B maple syrup
You can also add in some Vanilla or Pure Bone Broth Protein powder to make this a complete meal with good fats and healthy proteins
Coconut Milk Ice Cream Instructions:
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on deep baking dish. Pour the coconut milk onto the parchment paper and then freeze for several hours, until hard.
- Once frozen, pull the coconut milk off the parchment paper and break into chunks.
- Add coconut and other ingredients to blender.
- Process until smooth, scooping down the sides as necessary.
- Process until you have achieved your desired ice cream texture.
- Serve immediately- keep in freezer. Serves 4.
- Customize this to your taste and cravings!: Add in dark chocolate chips, nuts or fruit
- You can sweeten anyway you like. I just use a bit of stevia, but raw honey and maple syrup are delicious as well!
- You will need a high speed blender to do this. A food processor will work as well.
- Using the parchment paper is a must! It will stick to glass and plastic and you will never be able to get it off without melting it (trust me )
Dr Jockers Comments:
I have always been a HUGE fan of ice cream and especially coconut milk ice cream. As much as I love the So Delicious Coconut Milk ice cream, I am not a fan of some of the ingredients in them (namely agave nectar, carrageenan and erythritol).
This recipe uses just a few simple ingredients and tastes amazing! Coconut milk is rich in medium chain triglycerides (MCT’s) that help the body to burn fat effectively. MCT’s are a great energy source for the brain and they are easy on the digestive system because they don’t depend upon bile to be metabolized.
Stevia has no effect on the blood sugar and is one hundred times sweeter than sugar. It is my personal favorite natural sweetening agent. This recipe takes a bit of work, but you will absolutely love the final product!
I LOVE adding in the high quality bone broth protein in this so I get the quality protein my body needs to heal my gut, support healthy skin, hair and nails and strengthen my joints!