Almond Butter Keto Bread
This Almond Butter Keto Bread recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible site Renewing All Things – Biblically Based Health, Nutrition and Lifestyle specializing in neurobiology, healing, and mental health. Enjoy this tasty almond butter keto bread recipe!
Almond Butter Keto Bread
Yield 8–12 slices
- 1 cup creamy coconut almond butter or almond butter
- 3 organic, pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 10–20 drops of liquid vanilla stevia for flavor
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease two 3 by 5-inch mini loaf pans with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or high-powered blender and process until smooth. Divide the batter equally between the loaf pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of each loaf; if it comes out clean, the bread is fully baked. Remove from the oven.If the toothpick is not clean, it is not finished so check it every 5 minutes.
- Serve or storein an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
***Nutritional info does not include optional ingredients.***
***The nutrition info for this recipe is based on the linked ingredients above**
Courses Breakfast, side dish
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 12.5 g
Total Carbohydrates 5 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Keto Bread Notes
- For the best results, try using two 3 inch x 5 inch mini loaf pans as opposed to 1 regular loaf pan. The overall moisture and flavor is really good using 2.
- You can use any nut butter you would like (cashew, sunflower, etc), just make sure it is creamy.
- I love to use stevia or monk fruit…but if you aren’t trying to go low-carb you can use honey or maple syrup.
- This bread is great topped with grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil and a sprinkle of cinnamon!
Dr Jockers Comments
Bread is a modern day comfort food but also one of the most inflammatory foods you can consume. This is due to the high carbohydrate content that alters our blood sugar and stimulates inflammatory mechanisms. This is a fantastic, grain-free, low-carb, ketogenic bread recipe that is easy to make and your family will love will the texture and flavor!
We have gotten rave reviews about our coconut flour bread and almond flour bread recipes but we also had some people asking about a flour-free recipe. So we decided to try this out and it worked great.
I love using the MaraNatha coconut almond butter which is a combination of coconut butter and almond butter. It tastes great and you get the benefit of the medium chain fats within the coconut butter and the long-chain fats in the almond butter. Both coconut and almond butter also provide a lot of good fiber.
The overall recipe makes a high fat count, about 80% of calories, moderate protein (about 15% of calories) and very low carbohydrate count (about 5% of calories). This is within the ideal ratio for a ketogenic diet, making this perfect for someone trying to reduce inflammation and get into ketosis.
To add in more anti-oxidants, consider putting 1 tsp of ground cinnamon in the recipe or sprinkling it on top of a coconut oil or grass-fed butter spread that you put on the bread.