Cleansing Avocado Pesto
This Avocado Pesto recipe is from my wife Angel, who loves to make food and home and body care recipes that support people’s journey to optimal health. Check out my wife’s website and facebook page where she shares stories and pics about our life. We know that you will LOVE this avocado pestro recipe.
Yield 2 cups
- 1 avocado, pitted and skinned
- 2 cups kale, stems removed and discarded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves or 2 tsps. dried basil
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme or 2 tsps. dried thyme
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. real salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately over raw zucchini noodles or shiratki noodles or on a raw salad. Or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
***The nutrition info for this recipe is based on the linked ingredients above**
Courses Side Dish
Serving Size 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 11 g
Total Carbohydrates 4.8 g
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
Protein 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Dr Jockers Comments:
I absolutely LOVE a great pesto and enjoy using this on shiritaki noodles, zucchini noodles or the new Palmini noodles for a low-carb, phytonutrient rich, ketogenic spaghetti!!! This recipe should be a family staple to promote ketosis, support your anti-oxidant levels and provide a lot of flavor and enjoyment in your household!!
This avocado pesto recipe tastes absolutely amazing and is rich in anti-aging phytonutrients. Kale is extraordinarily rich in Indole-3 Carbonyl and Indole-3 Acetate which bind to help neutralize bad estrogens. It is also loaded with chlorophyll which cleanses the blood stream. Garlic is full of sulfur containing amino acids and anti-microbial agents.
Avocados are rich in good fats and they enhance the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients from the rest of this great dish. Italian herbs are an extremely amazing source of anti-oxidants and raw lemon provides vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids and organic acids which enhance the digestion process and nutrient bioavailability of this dish. This is superfood synergy in intrinsic action – where multiple superfoods are combined and they bring out the best in each other to fully nourish our bodies. It’s a beautiful thing.
Try this avocado pesto recipe out and as always, be sure to leave a comment with what you think!