SuperCharged Zucchini Pasta Noodles:
This SuperCharged Zucchini Noodles recipe is a modified version of another recipe by my friend Miss Dot. She is extremely talented and has a wonderful blog that I highly recommend.
Supercharged Zucchini Pasta Noodles
Yield 2 Servings
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Shredded cooked organic chicken, turkey, or duck, for topping (optional)
- Freshly grated ginger, for topping (optional)
- Freshly grated turmeric, for topping (optional)
- 2 tbsps of olive oil
- Chopped fresh herbs (such as flat-leaf parsley, basil, oregano, and thyme), for topping
- Using a spiral slicer (inexpensive versions are available online) or just a knife, if that’s all you have, slice the squash into noodles.
- In a skillet over high heat, warm the butter or coconut oil. Add the noodles to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Top the noodles with the chicken, ginger, and turmeric, if using. Drizzle on the olive oil and top with the herbs, if using.
- Serve immediately.
***The nutrition info for this recipe is based on the linked ingredients above**
Courses Side dish, Main dish
Serving Size 1 Serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 29 g
Total Carbohydrates 12 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Dr Jockers Comments:
This is a great low-carb version of spaghetti noodles. I like to load it up with coconut oil and pastured butter as it greatly enhances the flavor and texture and improves the nutritional content of the noodles.
Traditional pasta noodles are high in carbohydrates and cause blood sugar imbalances. These noodles will not do that, in fact, they will enhance your bodies ability to burn fat and improve brain function. Try them out and I think your family will love them!
Leave a comment with what you thought of the noodles!