Coconut Lime Seared Salmon
Coconut lime seared salmon is a fantastic recipe that taste great, is full of essential fats and anti-oxidants. This recipe is great for reducing inflammation, has ketogenic properties and helps us burn fat and improve brain function. It is easy to make and your family will love it.
Coconut Lime Seared Salmon
Yield 2 fillets
For the coconut lime sauce:
- ½ (13½-ounce) can organic full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Handful organic shredded coconut (extra for garnish)
- Grated zest of 1 lime
For the salmon:
- 2 (6-ounce) fillets fresh or frozen and thawed wild caught salmon with skin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pink salt, to tast
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges, for garnish
- Unsweetened shredded coconut, for garnish
- Make the sauce: Stir together all of the sauce ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Make the salmon: Combine roughly two-thirds of the sauce and the salmon in a leak-proof bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Reserve the remaining sauce.
- In a skillet over high heat, warm the coconut oil. Add the salmon fillets to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Poke a fork in to make sure it looks cooked through. Remove from the heat and transfer the fillets to a platter.
- Drizzle the remaining coconut lime sauce over the salmon fillets. Sprinkle the dill, ginger, lemon zest, salt, and pepper over the fillets and serve hot garnished with the lime wedges and coconut shreds.
***Nutritional info does not include optional ingredients.***
***The nutrition info for this recipe is based on the linked ingredients above**
Courses main course
Serving Size 1 fillet
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 58 g
Total Carbohydrates 7 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 39 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Dr Jockers Comments:
This coconut lime seared salmon is a beautiful recipe and one that I am using for my autoimmune elimination program, cancer cleanse and my digestive health restoration program. It is a combination of healthy fats, clean protein and anti-oxidants to reduce inflammation and improve the bodies ability to heal.
Always look for wild-caught salmon rather than farm-raised as it has significantly more nutrients and less environmental toxins. Lime is full of potassium, vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids which help to improve capillary permeability and cellular oxygenation. This is one of the most anti-inflammatory, tissue healing dinner style meals you could consume. Add in a tossed salad or some steamed or sauteed veggies with grass-fed butter/ghee and you have a complete meal.
You can get some outstanding wild-caught salmon from Slankers here