This recipe is from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Estheticain specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Super Raw Berry Fudge Ingredients:
1 cup of organic berries (whatever your favorites are)
½ cup of almonds
6 tbsps of coconut oil
6 tbsps of grass-fed butter or ghee
1 ½ tbsp. of raw cacao
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tbsps of almond butter
¼ cup of shredded coconut
Super Raw Berry Fudge Instructions:
- Line standard pie pan or other baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spread berries and almonds evenly in single layer.
- In a saucepan over low-heat, melt 4 tablespoons of butter/ghee and 4 tablespoons of coconut oil together until you reach a nice smooth consistency. Whisk in cacoa powder, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over berries and nuts.
- Melt together almond butter with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons coconut and mix until smooth.
- Pour over your chocolate and berry base. Sprinkle on coconut for topping. Place in freezer for about 25-35 minutes. Cut or break pieces. Enjoy!
- Store in freezer or refrigerator afterwards.
Use fresh or frozen berries- any combination you love.
Placing the mixture in a pie dish makes the fudge a great create shape and thickness, but feel free to use any size/shape pan you want depending on the the shape and thickness you want the fudge to be.
You can also use any type of nut you would like.
Add more/less honey depending on the sweetness you want. I usually do not add any or substitute stevia.
Dr Jockers Comments:
This is an incredibly tasty and healthy snack that your family will love! Perfect for taking to school for lunch or an after school snack. This recipe is completely gluten-free, grain-free and casein-free so it is great for those who are on a restricted diet.
Berries are rich in life-preserving anti-oxidants and the nuts, coconut oil and grass-fed butter help to stabilize the blood sugar and provide key nutrients for healthy brain function!
The good fats in the coconut oil and grass-fed butter help make this fudge taste good and be very satisfying so it doesn’t take a whole bunch to fill us up. The nuts and almond butter provide some healthy protein and fat and if you choose to add in the collagen protein you make this especially helpful for the joints, intestinal lining, hair and skin.
Raw cacao helps to stimulate dopamine production which enhances focus and orient us towards accomplishing our goals! For this reason, this recipe would not be good to have as an after dinner snack, but instead be much better for earlier in the day such as lunch time or a mid-afternoon snack. Enjoy!