This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
SuperCharged Spring Rolls Ingredients:
Spring roll rice paper wrap
1 large cucumber
1 large carrot
½ bell pepper
Organic chicken or turkey
Almond Butter Dipping Sauce
1/3 cup organic almond butter
1 small clove garlic, minced
3 tsp. coconut aminos
1 1/2 Tbsp. raw honey or 5 drops of liquid stevia
2 Tbsp. water
Juice of 1 lime (approx. 3 Tbsp.)
SuperCharged Spring Rolls Directions:
- Whisk all ingredients together in small bowl until smooth or I like to blend it all together in a magic bullet. Add more water to thin. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Slice Veggies into narrow sticks and slice avocado.
- Soak rice paper in warm water according to your individual packages instructions. (each one is different).
- Place 1-2 slices of each veggie and protein towards the bottom. Fold ends in and roll tightly to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Make the dipping sauce! Enjoy!
Dr Jockers Comments:
Spring rolls are a light and tasty snack or appetizer that is perfect for warmer weather months. I am not a huge fan of rice, but a little bit is ok as it does act as a prebiotic for healthy bacteria.
Coconut aminos are healthy alternative to typical soy sauce as they don’t contain the phytoestrogens and anti-nutrients that traditional soy contains. This helps to give the recipe the traditional Asian flavor.
I like to fill these with a bunch of veggies, some avocado and organic chicken or turkey. I prefer using the stevia in the almond butter dipping sauce to keep sugar and carbs down. Try this out and let us know in the comments box below what you thought of it!