Chocolate Avocado Truffles:
This is a modified recipe from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Chocolate Avocado Truffle Ingredients
¾ cup unsweetened dark chocolate
½ tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of cinnamon
1-2 tsp of cacao powder to coat
10-15 drops of stevia
Yield: Makes 10-12 truffles
Chocolate Avocado Truffle Instructions
- Melt dark chocolate slowly
- In a different bowl, mash avocado. When the chocolate is melted, combine it with the mashed avocado and stir them together. Then add in the vanilla, cinnamon and stevia.
- When this is combined and free of clumps, place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. When cooled and hardened, scoop it into 10-12 balls and roll them until they are smooth.
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder and serve.
- Place any leftover truffles in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Dr Jockers Comments
This is a fantastic dessert recipe that is low-carb, ketogenic and fat burning. The combination of avocado and dark chocolate provides healthy fats, fiber and anti-oxidants to help the body produce good hormones that optimize your metabolism.
Stevia is our favorite natural sweetener because it is one hundred times sweeter than sugar and has no effect on blood sugar. Adding in the cinnamon gives a unique cinnamon flavor and adds in more anti-oxidants that support blood sugar signaling patterns.
This recipe is very easy to make and your family will absolutely LOVE it and be requesting this often! Perfect for birthdays, special events and gatherings! Let us know how you enjoyed the recipe in the comments box below!