Coconut Keto Snowballs
This coconut keto snowballs recipe is from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible site Renewing All Things – Biblically Based Health, Nutrition and Lifestyle specializing in neurobiology, healing, and mental health.
Coconut Keto Snowballs
Yield 7–10 snowballs
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons powdered stevia or monkfruit sweetener, plus more as desired
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 drops of Peppermint essential oil (optional)
- Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling (optional)
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, blend the coconut on high until it takes on a powdery texture. Add the coconut milk, sweetener, peppermint oil (if using), vanilla extract, and salt and blend on high until a thick batter forms. Add a little more coconut milk if the batter is too crumbly.
- Line a plate with parchment paper. Slightly wet your hands and form the batter into small balls, about 2 inches in diameter. Place the balls on the prepared plate.
- Sprinkle with extra sweetener or cinnamon, if desired, and refrigerate for 60 minutes, or until they firm up.
- Serve or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
***The nutrition info for this recipe is based on the linked ingredients above**
Courses dessert or snack
Serving Size 1 snowball
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 12 g
Total Carbohydrates 4 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Dr Jockers Comments
These coconut keto snowballs are a tasty, easy to make, fat burning keto snack or dessert that you will love! These snowballs taste wonderful, fill you up with just 2-3 and you can make a whole bunch and store them in the refrigerator for the whole week.
It is important to have healthy snacks around so you don’t fall victim to temptation when your hunger sets in. These snowballs naturally reduce hunger and cravings and stimulate your bodies fat burning hormones to help you use fat for fuel!
These healthy fats are also great for your brain and will improve mental clarity and drive. Especially if you add in a touch of peppermint essential oil which provides a great flavor and rosmarinic acid which improves circulation and stimulates neurotransmitters involved with memory!
Try these out today and let us know how you enjoyed them in the comments section below!