This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Chocolate Cream Cups Ingredients
1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup coconut butter
½ cup Coconut Oil
20-25 drops Stevia extract optional
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup cacao powder OR 1 bag of enjoy life chocolate chips
Chocolate Cream Cups:
- Place shredded coconut, coconut butter, coconut oil, vanilla and stevia into a food processor and blend until well mixed.
- Use spoon to scoop out about 2 tablespoons worth of coconut mixture and place into silicone or regular muffin liners.
- Once all your muffins liners are filled, either melt coconut oil and chocolate together or melt chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon again to scoop out about 1 tablespoon of chocolate liquid and pour onto your coconut cups until the coconut is completely covered. Repeat on all your coconut cups.
- Place in freezer for about 20 minutes or until chocolate is frozen.
- Keep in fridge.
Notes: Can also use 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup instead of stevia.
Dr Jockers Comments
It doesn’t get much better than this! A ketogenic, low-carb, fat burning chocolate dessert that melts in your mouth! I could live on these! Because they are low sugar, they are a great snack as well as a dessert option.
Coconut butter and coconut oil are rich in lauric acid which is a natural anti-microbial that helps the body reduce yeast and bad bacteria. These fats also help improve our ability to burn fat for energy and improve brain function.
Raw chocolate or cacao this is loaded with dopamine boosting nutrients. It is one of the best sources of PEA’s which are natural compounds that cross over the blood brain barrier and stimulate and modulate the release of dopamine in the brain. Cacao is also very rich in magnesium and zinc and chromium which help to balance and stabilize blood sugar.
Cacao also helps to boost feel good endorphins and serotonin that helps improve mood and sleep . This combination of ingredients makes raw chocolate the best mood boosting superfood. Your family will go crazy for this recipe!