This recipe is a slightly modified version from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Coconut Protein Cookies Ingredients:
1.5 cups of shredded coconut flakes
½ cup of sunflower seeds
½ cup of high quality protein powder
10-15 drops of liquid stevia
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of cinnamon
2 tbsps of coconut oil
1/8 cup of water
For sweetener use 1/4 cup of honey
Coconut Protein Cookies Instructions:
- Pre heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Roughly chop sunflower seeds or other nuts you may wish to use in the blender until broken up in chunks.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir together, if you notice that it is too crumbly, than try adding in another tablespoon of coconut oil and possibly more water.
- Scoop cookies onto cookie tray.
- Gently press the cookies down to flatten.
- Makes about 18 cookies.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
Can use 2 cups coconut shreds if you do not have/want sunflower seeds.
Can use any other kind of nut or seed
You can use any sort of flavored or unflavored protein powder to change up the flavor.
You can put the coconut whipped cream recipe in between to make an incredible coconut cookie sandwich!
Dr Jockers Comments:
If you are following an autoimmune nutrition plan than you may want to avoid the sunflower seeds and instead use extra coconut flakes. Coconut flakes are a great source of medium chain fats that help us to burn fat and provide immediate fuel for our body and brain. They also provide good fiber for our microbiome.
If you are on an autoimmune nutrition plan and are avoiding dairy protein, than I would highly recommend our Gut Healing Protein powder here