In This Episode:
- Gain a whole new perspective on the term “longevity” – while clearing up misconceptions. Soon, you’ll crave a lifestyle that supports men’s health at any age. [00:32]
- How what you eat impacts how you live – and for how long. (Listen up, men. This one’s for you!) [02:49]
- Creating fasting habits and rituals hones these tools so they improve your health span (while you enjoy every minute!). [04:12]
- Look back at the roots of extended fasting to see how the most popular fasting regimen nature was truly designed for mankind. [06:18]
- Learn to jumpstart cellular recycling and how autophagy works to give you THESE top benefits. For bonus points, you find out about mTOR’s critical role. [13:50]
- Meet the fasting-mimicking diet and discover its origin story. Who needs this specific type of fasting strategy? Maybe you! [24:58]
- Prolonged fasting AND the fasting-mimicking diet deliver 4 levels of impact, particularly for anyone seeking to age healthily. Can you guess what they are? [25:48]
This Episodes Sponsors
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Paleovalley and its 100% grass-fed beef and 100% pasture-raised turkey meat sticks, one of the choice snacks in my household. Hurry and grab yours from Paleovalley.com and be sure to use code JOCKERS at checkout for an extra 15% off!
Today’s episode is also proudly sponsored by Cacao Bliss, a superfood unprocessed chocolate powder. Boost your feel-good neurotransmitters while protecting your body from oxidative stress! Use it in almond milk or for baking. Experience pure bliss at Cacao Bliss and use code DAVID to get 15% off!
We know that fasting is necessary if one is aiming to live longer while maintaining an impeccable state of health. But, considering the different conditions our bodies are in, how do we make fasting work for everyone? Dr. William Hsu, the Chief Medical Officer of L-Nutra, reveals the real deal of why not everyone who wants to fast is capable of adapting to this lifestyle. He also shares a groundbreaking strategy, which is akin to fasting, that they have been researching for years. Discover what this technology has to offer, who it is designed for, and how one can make the most of its benefits.
“The whole idea of healthspan is the amount of time you spend living while healthy, not just living longer.”
– Dr. William Hsu
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- Paleovalley Beef Sticks – Use Code JOCKERS for 15% off
- Cacao Bliss – Use Code JOCKERS for 15% off
- Prolon – Use Code DAVIDJOCKERS50 for 10% off
- Fast Bar
Connect with Dr. William Hsu:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- Q & A on Using Fasting to Heal
- Fasting Strategies for Fat Burning & Metabolic Health with Dr. Jason Fung
- How to Transition into a Ketogenic Diet with Mark Sisson
- Functional Nutrition for Heart Health with Dr. Jack Wolfson
- Using Intermittent Fasting to Build Stress Resilience with Dr. Pete Sulack