In This Episode:
- Losing the carbs doesn’t mean losing a wide variety of delicious foods!
- The wonderful, healthful “side effects” Mark found when he went full keto
- Even a 6-week keto “reset” can improve your metabolism for months
- Feast/famine: it worked for our ancestors, it can work for you
- Your “factory setting” from birth is to be good at burning fat
- Is a keto diet the key to eliminating becoming “hangry?”
- Teach your body to burn fat but keep the muscle mass
- Mark’s advice for “stair-stepping” into a keto diet for an easier transition
- Great tips for avoiding common mistakes when starting a keto diet
- Can a keto diet improve the entire world? (Probably!)
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Perfect Keto and their delicious Keto Cookies, a super-weapon snack that took over a year to perfect. They’re delectable, on-the-go treats that won’t spike your blood sugar, and they even support your skin, hair, nails, and gut health. Grab a box (or two!) for yourself at PerfectKeto.com and don’t forget to use code DRJOCKERS at checkout to receive 15% off!
Your body – yes, yours! – is genetically designed to do a keto diet! In this episode, Mark Sisson joins Dr. Jockers to share insight and advice for getting started on keto. Mark is considered the “godfather” of ancestral eating as well as the author of “The Keto Reset Diet.” Find out what it means to be “metabolically flexible” and how that can help you even for months after a keto reset. Ready to be good at burning fat? Listen now!
“When you look at the evolutionary genesis of our genes and the tendency that our genes expect from us based on evolution, you realize that we’re not really designed to eat processed sugars and processed carbohydrates.”
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- Perfect Keto – Use Code DRJOCKERS for 15% off
Connect with Mark:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- How to Follow a Cyclical Ketogenic Diet
- Balancing Brain Chemistry with Dr. Elena Villanueva
- Why I Do a One Day Fast Every Week
- Functional Lab Testing and Gut Health with Dr. John Dempster
- Fasting, Ketosis, Autophagy and Cancer with Dr. Nasha Winters