In This Episode:
- How substances that are thought to help you sleep, like Ambien and alcohol, actually interfere with deep sleep and your body’s “reordering” of itself
- The 7 miraculous phases your body experiences while you sleep, and what they do to directly impact your health and overall recovery
- Dr. Parsley’s four key habits for good sleep hygiene (no matter who you are or how little you sleep)
- The ten best practices to optimize sleep
- The #1 most common cause of insomnia – it’s not what you think!
- The REAL reason behind why sleep deprivation diminishes thinking, decision-making, problem-solving, relationships and concentration
- Dr. Parsley’s unique supplement created to naturally “prep” your body for optimal sleep
Want to learn how to sleep like a Navy SEAL? Learn the secrets of how elite athletes, military members and high performers do their best work … while totally zonked! Join Dr. Jockers as he interviews Dr. Kirk Parsley, one of the world’s foremost experts on sleep medicine. A former SEAL and Naval Special Operations medical officer, Dr. Parsley lectures and consults worldwide for athletic and corporate organizations, and shares his secrets in his bestselling book, Sleep to Win.
If you are interested in learning more about Dr. Parsley’s Sleep Remedy click here and use code DRJOCKERS for a special discount!
“In your deep sleep, you have zero stress hormones. Your immune system’s at its highest. You’re repairing all the tissue damage. Your anabolic hormones are surging. Your catabolic hormones are getting processed. You’re fighting off infections. You’re digesting, your brain is improving, categorizing emotions, comparing and learning. Then you wake up, the most capable you’re ever going to be. Once you’re well-rested, that’s when you’re the best at everything.” – Dr. Kirk Parsley
Subscribe to the podcast on:
Connect with Dr. Parsley:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- Healthy Heart Nutrition Strategies with Dr. Jack Wolfson
- The Inflammation Spectrum with Dr. Will Cole
- The Best Keto and Fasting Strategies with Ben Azadi FDN-P
- Coronavirus: Symptoms & Natural Solutions
- The Healing Power of Musical Frequencies with Michael Tyrrell