Beautiful Skin Tips: 10 Nutrition Strategies to Apply
While all of us would love beautiful skin, we live in a society that has an obsession with beauty and your appearance can make all the difference in the world in our confidence levels. We hate wrinkles, acne, & blemishes. Your skin is an outside indicator for your internal health. In this article, you will discover 10 insanely important nutrition tips for beautiful skin!
When we have skin based disorders those are very often outside manifestations of toxicity, mineral imbalances, oxidative stress, and inflammatory processes that are taking place within the body. Many natural food sources rich in antioxidants and minerals help to balance this internal stress and promote radiant skin.
Anti-Inflammatory Diet and Hydration
The most important nutritional consideration for healthy skin is to eat a diet loaded with raw vegetables and a smaller quantity of raw fruit. The fruit and vegetables will provide the three most important nutrients for healthy skin: water, trace minerals, & antioxidants.
Water is arguably the most important thing we consume everyday. It provides the medium for all chemical reactions in our body. Additionally, it helps to cleanse and purify toxic debris and wash away rancid oils from the skin.
Critical Nutrients for Healthy Skin:
Three critical minerals for healthy skin include silica, zinc, & sulfur. These minerals are found in many plant based foods. Foods rich in antioxidants are very important for the body to balance the oxidative stress is encounters each day and protect the skin cells from free radical damage. Here are 5 foods that will help you build beautifully radiant skin.
Cucumbers are rich in water, vitamin C, and silica. Silica is a trace mineral that is critical for strong connective tissue and amazing for beautiful features. Silica is essential for maintaining the health of connective tissues due to its interaction with the formation of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), which are structural building blocks of these types of tissue.
One well-known GAG important for skin health is hyaluronic acid, which has been shown to promote skin cell proliferation and increase the presence of retinoic acid, improving the skin’s hydration (1). Silica deficiency’s lead to reduced skin elasticity which promotes wrinkles & age spots.
Sulfur Containing Amino Acids:
Radishes are loaded with water and the sulfur containing amino acids cysteine and methionine. Sulfur is known as a beautifying mineral that helps our body detoxify. Radishes are known for their ability to help the liver process toxins and produce bile. Additionally, radishes also contain zinc, vitamin C, phosphorus, and b vitamins that are critical for skin health.
Eggs are one of nature’s most incredible skin enhancing superfoods. They are loaded with sulfur containing amino acids, zinc, fat-soluble vitamin A & E, biotin, selenium, and methyl donating B vitamins. Zinc helps control the oil content of the skin and reduces the androgenic hormonal effects that produce acne (2).
Zinc is also critical to the formation of collagen which is a protein molecule that forms connective tissue and skin. Selenium is an antioxidant mineral that helps promote normal tissue elasticity and protects the skin from ultra-violet damage (3, 4).
Biotin is a B complex vitamin that helps promote healthy skin and vitamin A & E are critical antioxidants that helps protect the skin from oxidative stress.
Turmeric is the Best Skin Purifying Herb:
The Indian herb Turmeric is amazing for beauty and the body as a whole. Turmeric is loaded with powerful polyphenol antioxidant phytochemicals called curcuminoids. Many experts have suggested that curcuminoids have 5-8 times stronger antioxidant properties than Vitamin E and other more well-known antioxidants (5).
Turmeric also helps to cleanse, purify, & nourish the skin to maintain its elasticity (6). Additionally, it helps to support the natural flora that protects the skin from dangerous microbes.
Spinach is very rich in water, vitamin C, magnesium, folate, and chlorophyll which help booster the skin. Additionally, spinach is loaded with the antioxidant carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin which are powerful at scavenging free radicals and protecting the tissues from oxidative stress (7).
Tips for Healthy Skin Nutrition
1. Super Hydrate: Drink at least half your body weight in ounces of pure, clean water. Good hydration will flush out toxins and provide the moisture you need for beautiful skin.
2. Eat a Big Salad: Eat a big salad with raw spinach and hard/soft boiled eggs. This provides tons of carotenoid antioxidants and fat soluble retinol which are key antioxidants that support healthy skin formation.
3. Snack on Radishes: Snack on radishes or add them to your salad. Radishes have sulfur compounds that are needed for healthy liver function and the prebiotics within radishes help the gut microbiome produce butyrate which reduces inflammation throughout the body.
4. Cucumber Salad: Slice up some cucumbers and add apple cider vinegar and herbs. This salad is great, super hydrating and full of powerful nutrients that support our gut health and physical appearance.
5. Add in More Turmeric: Add turmeric to hummus, brown rice, meat dishes, & shakes. Be sure to use a pinch of black pepper and some good fats/oils with the turmeric to enhance the absorption of the curcuminoids.
6. Vegetable Juice: Juice up cucumber, celery, lemon and turmeric root and drink daily. You can also add more greens and follow my guide to juicing here
7. Coconut Turmeric Paste: Make a paste with coconut oil and turmeric and apply to regions of the body that display psoriasis, acne and/or eczema. Rub this in and let dry and let sit over night and then wash off real good in the morning. Warning – this can partially stain the skin with a yellow/orange tint.
8. Healthy Animal Products: Eat wild-caught sockeye salmon 2-3x each week to get more high quality omega 3 fatty acids and astaxanthin. Add in some grass-fed meats and grass-fed butter for good fats and fat soluble nutrients.
9. Avoid Sugar: Stay off of sugar and grains, these increase glycation and create more inflammatory damage that effects the connective tissue and our appearance.
10. Avoid Bad Fats & Consume Lots of Good Fats: Avoid vegetable oils such corn oil, safflower oil, cottonseed oil, canola oil and peanut oil. Use lots of coconut oil, avocados, olives and extra virgin olive oil and grass-fed butter/ghee instead.
Supplements for Amazing Skin:
My three favorite supplements for healthy skin include omega 3 fatty acids in combination with gamma linoleic acid (GLA). These fatty acids play an essential role in the formation of new and healthy skin cells.
CollagenMax is a unique formulation that provides ch-OSA® (choline-stabilized orthosilicic acid), that helps naturally nourish your body’s beauty proteins. This product is the best I have found for helping to regenerate the tensile strength of skin, hair, nails, bone and joint structures.
I recommend this product for anyone that is looking to improve these features, prevent injuries and/or relieve the suffering of joint degeneration and arthritic conditions. It is also an exceptional product for beautiful skin and a seemingly ageless appearance!
Bone Broth Protein:
Bone broth is the world’s best source of gelatin and collagen protein. Research has found that collagen protein found within gelatin strengthens the gut lining, reduces food sensitivities and effectively supports the integrity of the intestinal membrane. I will often recommend the Kettle and Fire pre-maid bone broth here. Use the coupon code JOCKERS at checkout to save 15%.
Collagen is rich in the amino acids proline, glutamine and arginine which help to heal tears in the intestinal lining and support a strong gut lining. In addition these amino acids help the body to form beautiful skin, hair and nails.
Bone broth is rich in sulfur, selenium and glycine which help with phase II liver detoxification. The better our liver is cleansing itself, in particular with phase II methods, the less toxins and free radicals will damage our skin.
Bone broth is a great mineral source and contains a good amount of potassium, calcium and magnesium for healthy blood flow to nourish the skin. The collagen protein within the bone broth is the same protein used to make our joints and our skin. Using gelatin and collagen is one of the best ways to keep your joints and skin young and healthy.
I put my clients on True Immunity Multi-Collagen Protein in order to help them strengthen their joints, bones and improve their skin health. If you are looking to attain beautiful skin than start using superfood nutrition that cleanses your body and provides you with the key building blocks for healthy collagen production. You can find this product in vanilla or chocolate flavors.
Proper Skin Care:
When it comes to your skin health, you cannot forget about proper skin care. Natural skin care is not difficult. All you have to do is to pay attention to the few simple tips below.
What to Avoid to Rejuvenate Your Skin:
- Long, hot showers
- Soap-free cleansing bars
- Anything with alcohol and perfumes
- Lanolin-based creams, lotions, ointments, etc.
- Toxic ingredients you’ve learned about earlier that can have a harmful effect on your skin
What to Do to Rejuvenate Your Skin
- Eat a nutrient-dense diet and drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated. Avoid alcohol, sugary drinks, and sodas. Drink 2 to 3 quarts of water daily. You can add lemon or lime as well. You may also add herbal tea or green juice to your routine. You can learn about a healthy anti-inflammatory diet that supports your skin here.
- Keep your home cool and humid to avoid dry skin reactions. Wear gloves in cold weather, and sunblock and protective clothing in hot weather.
- Wear cotton clothes whenever possible. Use natural, mild detergents.
- If you notice a rash after shaving, do not shave until its completely healed. Avoid perfumed after-shave.
- Start loving moisturizers. Natural moisturizers can prevent water loss by layering an oily substance over the skin to keep the water in or by attracting water to the outer layer from the inner layer of your skin. I recommend Purity Woods Age Defying Dream Cream which uses organic ingredients that help to soothe the skin and activate skin autophagy and moisturization.
Final Thoughts on Skin Health
Your skin is the largest organ that serves as a protective layer and performs essential tasks for your body. The health of your skin is important for your overall health. Your skin protects you from viruses, bacteria, and UV rays. It produces vitamin D, helps to regulate your temperature, and help you react to important changes affecting your body.
Taking care of your skin is important and you can do it naturally. Optimal hydration, eating an anti-inflammatory diet with trace minerals, using autophagy herbs, intermittent fasting, sleeping plenty, spending time outdoors, alternate showers, reducing stress, and healthy skin care routine are all important for your overall shine.
To rejuvenate your skin, I recommend Inflam Defense™, an autophagy-activating, an anti-inflammatory supplement that can protect your skin and overall body. To support a natural and healthy skincare routine I recommend Purity Woods Age Defying Dream Cream.
Following these 10 simple strategies to rejuvenate your skin, you can experience visible benefits. Your friends and family will compliment you for your glowing skin, and your body will thank you for your loving care as well.
Purity Woods Age-Defying Dream Cream
Healthy, radiant looking skin is certainly a confidence booster. It is a goal that everyone tries to achieve (and keep) throughout their lives. As we begin to get older, there are millions of tricks, tips and procedures out there to maintain the same healthy-looking skin we had when we were younger.
That’s why I would like to share my top choice for keeping skin looking young and healthy – the USDA Certified Organic Age-Defying Dream Cream from Purity Woods.
This anti-aging cream is truly a game changer when it comes to achieving and KEEPING your skin looking and feeling spectacular. Now you can save up to 38% on this amazing product, simply click here to learn more!