The Destructive Sugar Impact
The largest source of calories for individuals living in industrialized nations comes from sugar. Sugar increases insulin levels which promote fat accumulation and inflammation throughout the body (1). This article will cover the destructive sugar impact on the body and healthy alternatives you can use instead.
Sugar consumption and elevated insulin accelerate the aging process and create an environment conducive to degenerative disease (2). This article dives into the destructive sugar impact on the various tissues and physiological processes of the body.
The Chemistry of Sugar
The chemistry of sugar is based on the number of carbohydrates and includes monosaccharides, disaccharides and oligosaccharides. The most important monosaccarides are glucose, dextrose, and fructose. The primary difference in these deals with the way they are digested and metabolized. Glucose and dextrose are basically the same form of sugar. Many sugars can be identified by their characteristic “ose” ending.
Many of these sugars also combine to form complex sugars such as sucrose. Sucrose, typical table sugar, is a disaccharide (2 sugar forms) that is half glucose and half fructose. Meanwhile, high fructose corn syrup is 55% fructose and 45% glucose.
Massive Increase in Sugar Consumption
In the year 1700, the average individual consumed about 4 pounds of sugar each year. In 1800, it was about 18 pounds of sugar per year. In 1900, the average person ate 90 pounds of sugar per year (3). In 2009, the average individual consumes 150 pounds of sugar per year. Half of our society consumes ½ pound of sugar per day. Most of this is in unnatural, man-made forms such as sucrose and high fructose corn syrup.
Most forms of sugar (other than fructose based sources) metabolize quickly in the body into a simple glucose form. This glucose is then funneled into cells by the hormone insulin. This process is performed very well in our bodies when the cells are kept sensitive to the circulating insulin.
Lifestyle behaviors that lead to chronically elevated blood sugar and insulin levels cause a cellular resistance to insulin. These behaviors include excessive sugar intake, processed foods and sedentary lifestyle. Elevated blood sugar and insulin cause excessive free radical damage and inflammation throughout the body (4).
The Major Problems with Elevated Sugar:
- The sugar impact mal-coordinates the immune system and reduces its functional ability.
- Dehydrates the cells and depletes the body of critical electrolytes such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, & sodium leading to cell death and chronic muscle spasms.
- Depletes the body of chromium, copper, & zinc and other trace minerals that help sensitize cells to insulin. This further accelerates cell membrane insulin resistance
- Induces cancer cell division and proliferation and inhibits mechanisms that slow down tumor growth and inhibit cancer cell apoptosis (programed cell death)
- Creates tissue damaging Advanced Glycolytic Enzymes (AGE’s)
- The Sugar Impact depletes the body of anti-oxidants such as glutathione, vitamin C & vitamin E.
- Inhibits Human Growth Hormone (HGH) and elevates cortisol levels
- Inhibits cellular protein synthesis which results in dysfunctional bone, muscle, and joint chemistry. This accelerates the risk of osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, and chronic muscle and joint pain.
- Promotes the growth of pathogenic bacteria and parasites such as Candida and other yeast like organisms. This also depletes the body of good bacteria and can lead to chronic infections in the gut, respiratory tissue and sinuses.
- The sugar impact leads to obesity, elevated triglycerides, abnormal LDL:HDL cholesterol levels, elevated arterial inflammatory risk factors.
- Opens up the blood brain barrier, depletes the brain of trace mineral stores and allows toxins and other heavy metals to accumulate in brain tissue.
- Destroys nerves leading to chronic pain, neuropathies, vision disorders, and accelerated organ dysfunction.
The Keto Edge Summit
The Keto Edge Summit has been a labor of love for me as it is a an incredible topic and project that I am excited to share with the world!
The GREATEST health discovery of this century may ALREADY be inside your body…
And, it’s one of the MOST SEARCHED words on the internet today, for good reason.
“KETO.” Ketones. Keto diet. Ketogenic lifestyle.
Ketones help you burn fat for energy, powerfully reduce inflammation and show promise in preventing and eradicating diabetes, cancer, autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, and many, many other health concerns.
The Keto Edge Summit is a collection of the top experts in fat burning and ketosis. You will hear invaluable information to empower your health journey!
—>>Learn to leverage the mighty power of KETONES to return to health (and thrive in life!) when you register today!
Why I Created This Summit
I am passionate about the bodies ability to heal and repair itself. When I developed skin cancer in 2010, I began researching ways I could enhance my bodies own internal healing processes and that is how I discover the state of nutritional ketosis.
At the time, I was 28, running a busy and successful health clinic. But I was stressed out and my brain was just not working the way it used too. Through practicing intermittent fasting and a ketogenic lifestyle I was able to heal my body naturally and regain my health and mental clarity. I also discovered a higher level of energy than I had in the past and I felt amazing.
Since that time, I have helped thousands of people discover the benefits of nutritional ketosisand have seen remarkable healing breakthroughs. I am excited to get this information out to the world and I wanted to interview the top experts in metabolism, nutrition and human physiology. Our conversations have helped shape a new understanding and appreciation for ketones and the power of the body to heal and repair itself. In this summit, you will hear my expert conversations first hand.
During This Health Summit, You’ll Discover:
+ What is Ketosis (and How Does it Work)?
+ Myths About Ketosis and the Keto Diet, and How to Separate Fact From Fiction!
+ How to Overcome The Challenges of Being “Keto Adapted.”
+ Whether You Should Start a Keto Diet (or Not!).
+ When To Cycle In and Out of Ketosis
+ How to Shop, Live and Eat on a Ketogenic Lifestyle.
+ And More!
When you register for this, you will get immediate access to 3 free interviews and my Keto Quickstart Program so you can immediately begin learning and implementing the strategies into your lifestyle.
You definitely don’t want to miss what may be the most important health discovery of this century! Register for The Keto Edge Summit today!