In This Episode:
- THIS special test not only tests women’s hormone levels but it can help you prevent the onset of women-specific cancers.
- What you eat every day affects your hormone levels, especially estrogen and progesterone, in more ways than you can imagine
- Stop making the BIGGEST mistake in the nutrition world, even using keto and fasting at the wrong times (but find out the RIGHT times).
- By learning the different phases within a 28-day cycle and the variety of food you need in each phase, you make the most of fasting at the right moments.
- How a woman’s ovaries start to change at age 40 and the resulting ups and downs for your sex hormones.
- These 2 major events after a 48-hour fast are critical for menopausal women to build healthy estrogens (yes, there is more than one!)
Today’s episode is also sponsored by LMNT, my go-to electrolyte drink mix that I recommend to anyone who wants to stay hydrated. Everyone needs electrolytes to function and when you sweat, adopt a low-carb diet, or practice intermittent fasting, your electrolyte needs increase. If electrolytes aren’t replaced, it’s common to experience headaches, muscle cramps, and fatigue. LMNT replaces these essential electrolytes with NO sugar, NO coloring, NO artificial ingredients, or any other junk. And it tastes absolutely delicious! I really love all of their flavors, but my favorite is raspberry. As a member of our community, you can claim a free LMNT Sample Pack – you only cover the cost of shipping. Get yours here: DrinkLMNT.com/DrJockers
BIG NEWS! Dr. Jockers just released his BRAND NEW book on Fasting! It’s called — Fasting Transformation: A Functional Guide To Burn Fat, Heal Your Body, And Transform Your Life With Intermittent And Extended Fasting. AND we’re so excited that it’s now available on AMAZON! We’d love your support (and if you like the book) I know he’d appreciate a review too! Claim Your Copy Here.
Best-selling author, keynote speaker, nutrition and functional medicine expert, and educator Dr. Mindy Pelz joins today’s episode to reintroduce women to the power their bodies hold. She talks about the different hormones present in women and the essential role of fasting and nutrition in achieving hormonal balance. Find out when your 28-day cycle starts, what foods to eat, and activities you should and should NOT do during each phase of this cycle. Learn about the test you can do to check your hormone levels, why it’s important to know their levels and the perfect time to implement a fast to correct any hormonal imbalances you may have.
“The body is a miracle and when you learn how to fast and time it around your cycle, you’ll be blown away by what your body is designed to be. ”
– Dr. Mindy Pelz
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- LMNT go-to drink
- The Fasting Transformation by Dr. David Jockers
- The Menopause Reset by Dr. Mindy Pelz
- Dutch Complete Hormone Test
Connect with Dr. Mindy Pelz:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- Intermittent Fasting for Women Over 50 with Dr. Becky Gillaspy
- Fasting and Carb Cycling for Optimal Hormone Balance with Cynthia Thurlow
- Intermittent Fasting for Menopause with Marcelle Pick
- Fasting and Its Impact on Brain Health with Dr. David Perlmutter MD
- The Science of Body Fat, Cravings, Hormones & Weight Loss with Dr. Sylvia Tara