In This Episode:
- Myth busted! Why a vegetarian diet may NOT be the healthiest and how to follow it properly if you choose to go this route. [1:22]
- Tame your inflammation with a blood sugar-stabilizing diet, especially when bad cramps hit you during your red days. [14:18]
- Open your eyes to how your attempts to boost your immune system could backfire when treating autoimmune issues, like psoriatic arthritis. [25:14]
- How fasting invigorates your skin and bones and what type of exercise rejuvenates them even further. [35:01]
- The awful rush of a blood sugar spike and how it can happen during intermittent fasting and a low carbohydrate diet. [40:26]
- What top supplements and superfoods to build into your budget (even a tight one) and – even better – how a health coach can save you more $ in the long run. [47:06]
- How to treat your tinnitus with THIS recommended diet and lifestyle advice. [51:44]
This Episodes Sponsors
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Paleovalley and its 100% grass-fed beef and 100% pasture-raised turkey meat sticks, one of the choice snacks in my household. Hurry and grab yours from Paleovalley.com and be sure to use code JOCKERS at checkout for an extra 15% off!
Today’s episode is also proudly sponsored by Perfect Keto. Perfect Keto Cereal is a grain-free, keto-friendly cereal with ingredients you can actually trust. This treat is reminiscent of your childhood, with a satisfying crunch and value-added ingredients like collagen and MCTs.
They use clean, minimal ingredient formulations backed by research, that are obsessively tested to be keto-friendly and delicious. No gluten, soy, added sugar, fillers, chemicals, or anything artificial. Enjoy it any time, anywhere. Visit perfectketo.com/drj and use code JOCKERS at checkout to get 20% off your order today.
In this month’s Q&A, Dr. Jockers and Melissa Nohr tackle the issues of skin, blood sugar, osteoporosis, and tinnitus – and how fasting can trigger such conditions. The importance of digging deep into the roots of every health problem cannot be emphasized enough. If you have the same or a similar condition, tune into this episode and learn what essential steps to take to heal and recover.
“When you’re really on a budget, nothing beats the best way to know why you’re taking something and how you’re measuring how it’s helping.”
– Melissa Nohr
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- Paleovalley Beef Sticks – Use Code JOCKERS for 15% off
- Perfect Keto Cereal – Use Code JOCKERS for 20% off
Connect with Melissa Nohr:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- Top 12 Foods to Balance Your Blood Sugar
- Q & A on Using Fasting to Heal
- Fasting Strategies for Fat Burning & Metabolic Health with Dr. Jason Fung
- Blood Sugar, Electrolytes, Keto and Saving the Planet with Robb Wolf
- Using Intermittent Fasting to Build Stress Resilience with Dr. Pete Sulack