In This Episode:
- How much difference can two hours make? A study on 164 people reveals the power of sleeping 7 hours or more compared to fewer than 5 hours. [00:20]
- Discover how your brain scrubs out clumps of beta-amyloid plaques and cleans and regenerates cells while you sleep. [1:36]
- Get in the habit of earning “good sleep” by taming the factors that disrupt your circadian rhythm. (It’s easier than you think!) [5:18]
- Optimize each 1 of the 4 stages of good sleep by moving smoothly from light to deep sleep – while dodging the nightmare of missing out on enough REM sleep. [5:59]
- Learn how to measure how much you sleep, how well you sleep, and how much THESE factors affect your sleep quality. [10:05]
- Give up your battle with the snooze button! These top 5 reasons will have you jumping out of bed the moment your alarm rings. [18:51]
Getting enough sleep is critical for the body’s healing and recovery process. All the benefits we hope to gain from good nutrition, diet, and exercise won’t make that much difference on our health if we are sleep-deprived. When we talk about sleep, we mean the “good” or “deep” kind of sleep that offers optimum health benefits. In this episode, Dr. Jockers shares a clear picture of how a low-quality sleep looks compared to a good quality, deep sleep. He explains what REM sleep is, how it is achieved, and the factors that need to be addressed that are impacting the quality of our sleep.
“Deep sleep is really important for physical repair. REM sleep is when really deep detoxification of the brain occurs.”
– Dr. David Jockers
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Cacao Bliss, a superfood with unprocessed chocolate powder. Boost your feel-good neurotransmitters while protecting your body from oxidative stress! Use it in almond milk or for baking. Experience pure bliss at Cacao Bliss and use code DAVID to get 15% off!
This episode is also proudly sponsored by C60PurplePower.com. Carbon 60 (C60) is a recently discovered, Nobel Prize-winning, super antioxidant that supports a healthy inflammatory response, promotes healthy immune function, and increases energy and mental clarity in most users. C60 Purple Power is the “Swiss Army Knife” of antioxidants because it helps the body replace four critical antioxidants that decrease as we age. If you are interested in healthy aging, you MUST check out C60 Purple Power! Use code DRJOCKERS for 15% OFF at https://c60purplepower.com/jockers.
Subscribe to the podcast on:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- Top 10 Strategies for Improving Deep Sleep
- Fasting Strategies for Fat Burning & Metabolic Health with Dr. Jason Fung
- Optimizing Sleep for Immune Health with Dr. Kirk Parsley
- Functional Nutrition for Heart Health with Dr. Jack Wolfson
- Sleep Tracking: Technology to Improve Sleep Quality