In This Episode:
- Are you “ready” to fast? Timing is key when a woman leaps into her journey with the fasting lifestyle. [04:31]
- Expect THESE challenges as a woman as you adapt to the fasting lifestyle – then prepare to vault over them. [06:29]
- Fast every day?! Cynthia explains why that approach is foolish for lean women. Learn how often or how long they should fast instead. [08:05]
- The SINGLE mistake many women make when it comes to fasting – and why you should ignore the fuss social media makes about it. [15:44]
- Are you a strong type-A personality? Or do you not sleep through the night? Cynthia warns that this is NOT your time to start fasting. [16:59]
- OMAD works great for some men but not for women. (We know, it’s not fair!) Uncover why then find your own winning approach. [21:01]
- Don’t cut out protein! Dr. Jockers reiterates the risks of this deficiency over time and how intermittent fasting can help balance those risks. [31:52]
This Episodes Sponsors
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Paleovalley and its 100% grass-fed beef and 100% pasture-raised turkey meat sticks, one of the choice snacks in my household. Hurry and grab yours from Paleovalley.com and be sure to use code JOCKERS at checkout for an extra 15% off!
Today’s episode is also proudly sponsored by Perfect Keto. Perfect Keto Cereal is a grain-free, keto-friendly cereal with ingredients you can actually trust. This treat is reminiscent of your childhood, with a satisfying crunch and value-added ingredients like collagen and MCTs.
They use clean, minimal ingredient formulations backed by research, that are obsessively tested to be keto-friendly and delicious. No gluten, soy, added sugar, fillers, chemicals, or anything artificial. Enjoy it any time, anywhere. Visit perfectketo.com/drj and use code JOCKERS at checkout to get 20% off your order today.
Men and women are created uniquely and, as such, we require different ways of caring for our health. In this episode, Cynthia Thurlow explains why fasting is done differently in men compared to women. Cynthia is an established thought leader in the intermittent fasting world with a special focus on creating unique programs for women’s particular hormonal needs. Find out how fasting can be used to achieve and maintain great health.
“The beauty of being women is that our physiology guides us, but it also means we need to take extra steps to have fasting success.”
– Cynthia Thurlow
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- Paleovalley Beef Sticks – Use Code JOCKERS for 15% off
- Perfect Keto Cereal – Use Code JOCKERS for 20% off
- Intermittent Fasting Transformation: The 45-Day Program for Women to Lose Stubborn Weight, Improve Hormonal Health, and Slow Aging by Cynthia Thurlow
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- Fasting Strategies for Women with Dr. Michelle Sands
- Q & A on Using Fasting to Heal
- Keto Hacks for Women with Leanne Vogel
- Blood Sugar, Electrolytes, Keto and Saving the Planet with Robb Wolf
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Habits for Women’s Health with Tonya Fines BSc PE, HHP