In This Episode:
- Why, why, why are most ketogenic diets so effective for women at first – then start to wane.
- Don’t be afraid of eating “high fats.” We debunk the fallacies that scare women off from getting a good start on the ketogenic lifestyle.
- What key precautions women need to take before they embark on the ketogenic journey (and how they pay off)
- The best way to fight off keto flu (before it starts) and other challenges that come with being a woman on a ketogenic diet
- Signs that you need to ramp up or dial down your carb intake – and why it matters for women to cycle in and out of ketosis.
- What makes keto magically mimic fasting and your secret formula to staying the course when you feel hungry
- How much is enough when you carb up? Get invaluable advice on when to incorporate carbs in your keto diet.
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Cacao Bliss, a superfood unprocessed chocolate powder. Boost your feel-good neurotransmitters while protecting your body from oxidative stress! Use it in almond milk, or for baking. Experience pure bliss at Cacao Bliss and use code DAVID to get 15% off!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by Organifi Greens, the best way to start your day with essential superfoods that help reduce stress and reset your morning. Organifi chooses the highest-quality, plant-based ingredients for optimal health. Each blend is science-backed to craft the most effective doses, with ingredients that are organic and containing less than 3 grams of sugar per serving. It is also free of glyphosate and fillers when possible. Go to www.organifi.com/jockers and use code JOCKERS at checkout to receive 20% off your order!
After riding the highs and lows of the ketogenic diet, Leanne Vogel made a HUGE discovery that made this diet finally become sustainable for her and the many women who’ve been listening to her podcast, The Keto Diet Podcast. Her best selling book, The Keto Diet Cookbook has helped thousands all around the world. In today’s podcast, this passionate Nutrition Educator shares her personal experience with Dr. Jockers and explains why the ketogenic diet works differently for women because of their hormonal differences from men.
The diet itself – foods composed of healthy high fat and quality protein – is similar, as well as the need for fasting to boost the production of ketones. Where it differs is in the timing. Discover how the women’s cycle becomes the key player for success in the keto journey. Find out the best time of the month to fast, when to carb up, and the best carb sources Leanne recommends so you won’t stall your progress.
“Just being mindful of our cycle and adjusting our macronutrients to fit our cycle, that’s the biggest thing.”
– Leanne Vogel
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- Cacao Bliss – Use Code JOCKERS for 15% off
- Organifi Greens – Use Code JOCKERS for 20% off
- The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet by Leanne Vogel
- Subscribe and leave a review today
Connect with Leanne Vogel:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Habits for Women’s Health with Tonya Fines BSc PE, HHP
- Nutrition For Optimal Hormones, Sex and Aging With Dr. Anna Cabeca
- Intermittent Fasting for Women Over 50 with Dr. Becky Gillaspy
- Improving Vagal Tone For Better Mental and Emotional Health
- Nutrient Timing to Balance Female Hormones with Dr. Mindy Pelz
- Using The Keto-Alkaline Approach for Menopausal Women with Dr. Anna Cabeca