In This Episode:
- Anxiety doesn’t come on a placard with its name in bold letters. Discover the tricky ways that it shows up in – and disrupts – your life.
- Habits that trigger reactive hypoglycemia and trigger hyper reactions and emotions that send us seeking comfort in the wrong foods
- 6 foods to AVOID at all cost and the best OPTIONS you can swap out
- The number one go-to supplement to add to your day to beat anxiety before it even begins
- Change these few daily habits and unleash the energy that anxiety used to eat up
“If you’re looking for a way to boost focus, memory, and mental clarity, Mushroom might be exactly what you’re looking for. Certain mushrooms contain a medicinal quality – called beta-glucans. And a 2012 review on products containing beta-glucans found they can help to naturally increase energy, reduce confusion, boost mood, improve recall and memory, and increase vigor.”
My go-to mushroom blend is Paleovalley NeuroEffect. It contains a potent blend of 8 whole mushrooms, without any grains or fillers like most products, and happily touts a beta-glucan level of at least 26%. PLUS, they’ve included organic coffee fruit extract that gives you the brain-boosting effects of coffee – without the jitters or crash you get with caffeine. Go to paleovallely.com/jockers and grab your NeuroEffect today for 15% off.
BIG NEWS! Dr. Jockers just released his BRAND NEW book on Fasting! It’s called — Fasting Transformation: A Functional Guide To Burn Fat, Heal Your Body, And Transform Your Life With Intermittent And Extended Fasting. AND… we’re so excited that it’s now available on AMAZON! We’d love your support (and if you like the book) I know he’d appreciate a review too! Claim Your Copy Here
We see a lot of helpful articles teaching us how to deal with anxiety and sometimes they help ease it temporarily. But that’s just the thing, it is only temporary. We want to attack anxiety at its roots and stop it from getting inside us, instead of just dealing with it when it comes. Dr. Jockers cites several factors that trigger anxiety and, surprisingly, the prevailing factor is FOOD. How is it possible that the thing that’s supposed to nourish us and is elemental for human survival is impeding our happiness and state of mind?
“We look at anxiety and we know that this is a modern-day epidemic. It’s growing and it’s causing a lot of suffering.”
– Dr. David Jockers
Subscribe to the podcast on:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- Beating Anxiety with Food with Liana Werner-Gray
- Fasting and Autophagy for Glowing Skin with Naomi Whittel
- Ancient Superfoods for Mind & Body with Danette May
- Top 7 Herbs To Support Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
- Top Adaptogens and Superfoods For Energy, Anxiety & Mood with Drew Canole