In This Episode:
- There are various sources of fuel the body can use to operate daily. Discover a more efficient, clean-burning fuel that offers more energy minus the metabolic wastes!
- Find out what a sugar burner is like and the things produced in the body while in a sugar-burning mode that impacts the cells.
- Why we want to develop metabolic flexibility and the steps needed to achieve it.
- Top benefits our overall health can reap from adopting a ketogenic lifestyle and the top 6 benefits of the ketogenic lifestyle to our brain functions.
- The major compound that is key to keeping the production of abnormal cells in our bodies in check, and where this compound is sourced from.
Today’s episode is sponsored by LMNT, my go-to electrolyte drink mix that I recommend to anyone who wants to stay hydrated. Everyone needs electrolytes to function and when you sweat, adopt a low-carb diet, or practice intermittent fasting, your electrolyte needs increase. If electrolytes aren’t replaced, it’s common to experience headaches, muscle cramps, and fatigue. LMNT replaces these essential electrolytes with NO sugar, NO coloring, NO artificial ingredients, or any other junk. And it tastes absolutely delicious! I really love all of their flavors, but my favorite is raspberry. As a member of our community, you can claim a free LMNT Sample Pack – you only cover the cost of shipping. Get yours here: DrinkLMNT.com/DrJockers
BIG NEWS! Dr. Jockers just released his BRAND NEW book on Fasting! It’s called — Fasting Transformation: A Functional Guide To Burn Fat, Heal Your Body, And Transform Your Life With Intermittent And Extended Fasting. AND we’re so excited that it’s now available on AMAZON! We’d love your support (and if you like the book) I know he’d appreciate a review too! Claim Your Copy Here.
We’ve heard of the weight loss and fat loss benefits the ketogenic diet and lifestyle can offer. But, beyond the weight and the fit physique, there are so many more important gains we can enjoy by switching to this lifestyle. Dr. Jockers shares the most prevalent ones that are directly impacting our health and nutrition. Learn what these benefits are and how we can start our journey towards a healthier, stronger, and more mentally able self!
“A ketogenic diet and lifestyle is an approach to nutrition and a lifestyle that helps your body use fat for fuel.”
– Dr. David Jockers
Subscribe to the podcast on:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- Real Food Keto vs Dirty Keto
- Keto Flex: The 4 Secrets to Reduce Inflammation, Burn Fat and Reboot Your Metabolism with Ben Azadi
- Intermittent Fasting for Menopause with Marcelle Pick
- Fasting and Its Impact on Brain Health with Dr. David Perlmutter MD
- How to Transition into a Ketogenic Diet with Mark Sisson