In This Episode:
- What type of cell is the superhero that supports, nourishes, protects, and isolates your neurons? This crusader also plays an extremely vital role in your glymphatic system. [00:34]
- Get extra ZZZs guilt-free once you realize why sleeping rejuvenates your glymphatic system. [02:20]
- What are the experts saying about aging and its connection to the decline of your glymphatic system? You’re going to want to hear this! [04:56]
- 6 ways you can throw your glymphatic system for a loop. [06:50]
- Then (thankfully!) 10 actions you can take to make it flow so much better. [09:15]
The main function of the glymphatic system is to act as a “cleaner” so the brain can function at its best by removing toxins and wastes that may cause serious damage. When the glymphatic system is not in good shape, the brain can rapidly decline and age sooner than it should. Dr. Jockers presents the different strategies you can apply to improve the flow of your glymphatic system and naturally boost your brain’s overall health as well.
“Impairment of the glymphatic system may contribute to stroke, cortical spreading depression, traumatic brain injury and other brain health issues.”
– Dr. David Jockers
Today’s episode is brought to you by Paleovalley’s Organ Complex, my favorite way to get a full spectrum of traditional superfoods, loaded with nutrients, into your body faster, easier, and without having to tolerate the taste (or cooking for that matter). Here’s the part you’ll love, especially if you understand the importance of eating these nutrient-dense organ meats – grass-fed Organ Complex contains not one, but three organs from healthy, 100% grass-fed, pasture-raised cows so you get a more diverse array of nutrients. Right now, you can get 15% off Organ Complex by using the code “JOCKERS” or by clicking here: Paleovalley.com/jockers
Today’s episode is also proudly sponsored by Perfect Keto. Perfect Keto is a leading force in the development of clean, high-quality supplements and snacks to help make a low-carb lifestyle easy. They use clean, minimal ingredient formulations backed by research, that are obsessively tested to be keto-friendly and delicious. Products are made with real food ingredients to promote better health. No gluten, soy, added sugar, fillers, chemicals, or anything artificial. Visit perfectketo.com/drj and use code JOCKERS at checkout to get 20% off your order today.
Subscribe to the podcast on:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- 12 Great Brain Boosting Foods & Herbs
- Intermittent Fasting Strategies for Women with Cynthia Thurlow
- 10 Common Intermittent Fasting Myths
- Functional Nutrition for Heart Health with Dr. Jack Wolfson
- Sleep Tracking: Technology to Improve Sleep Quality