In This Episode:
- Discover where the magic happens when it comes to a healthy gut microbiome [08:32]
- These are the 3 things that can happen when there is an increased volume of harmful bacteria taking over your gut. [09:10]
- Get to know the essential components of postbiotics you’ve never known before [13:20]
- Check out this potent drink that can help support postbiotic health and the daily recommended dose. [19:19]
- Learn about the Himalayan Shilajit and what makes it extraordinary support to mitochondrial functions. [23:10]
Postbiotics, also known as metabolites, are not as popular as prebiotics and probiotics, hence, we don’t talk about them that much. Recent studies have proven how important postbiotics are in regulating the composition of the gut microbiome. These findings inspired more scientists to go in-depth in their research to understand how postbiotics can help support overall health. In this episode, Dr. Jockers highlights the role of postbiotics to gut health, their best sources, and the natural ways to support postbiotic health.
“Postbiotics are metabolites produced by probiotics through fermentation. These vital metabolites regulate almost all aspects of your health.”
-Dr. David Jockers
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Paleovalley and its 100% grass-fed beef and 100% pasture-raised turkey meat sticks, one of the choice snacks in my household. Hurry and grab yours from Paleovalley.com and be sure to use code JOCKERS at checkout for an extra 15% off!
Have you checked out Dr Jockers amazing book on Fasting!
It’s called — Fasting Transformation: A Functional Guide To Burn Fat, Heal Your Body, And Transform Your Life With Intermittent And Extended Fasting.
You can find this great book available on AMAZON!
We’d love your support (and if you like the book) I know he’d appreciate a review too!
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- Paleovalley Beef Sticks – Use Code JOCKERS for 15% off
- The Fasting Transformation by Dr. David Jockers
- Bioactive Carbon Minerals
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- 12 Great Brain Boosting Foods & Herbs
- Intermittent Fasting Strategies for Women with Cynthia Thurlow
- 10 Common Intermittent Fasting Myths
- Functional Nutrition for Heart Health with Dr. Jack Wolfson
- Sleep Tracking: Technology to Improve Sleep Quality