In This Episode:
- Get to know the mitochondria better and the different ways to check if you have a healthy mitochondria [04:20]
- This is the most well-studied diet to help individuals suffering from Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth [08:21]
- Discover the unexplored wonders of the ultimate elimination diet and the elemental/semi elemental diet and to whom these types of diets are recommended for [13:15]
- Here’s the kind of fasting recommended for people with low levels of ferritin and high cortisol [14:38]
- In this specific circumstance, extended fasting is NOT recommended [16:39]
- Exercise is NOT always the best resort for everybody. Learn who can thrive with physical activities and the best way to start your exercise habit [24:12]
- The best plant-based foods for joint health vary depending on the individual. But, this is the one thing that you must absolutely avoid… [26:28]
In this Q&A episode with Dr. Jockers and Melissa Nohr, they answer a new set of questions related to health and wellness that are trending on the different social media platforms of Dr. Jockers Functional Nutrition. They offer relevant tips on how to keep the mitochondria healthy and thriving, and the kind of lifestyle better suited for a person suffering from SIBO. They also tackle issues around low ferritin and high cortisol and the natural remedies to support joint health.
“We usually go on the low fodmap diet but there are also other culprits that people with SIBO can be prone to have a reaction to.”
-Dr. David Jockers
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by Paleovalley Organic Supergreens, a delicious blend of 23 organic superfoods to energize your body! Paleovalley Organic Supergreens uses only the finest, most bioavailable superfoods helping your body absorb those valuable vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and enzymes found in each delicious serving. Paleovalley Organic Supergreens is a certified organic, gut-friendly, and nutrient-rich drink you and your kids are sure to love! Hurry and grab yours from Paleovalley.com and be sure to use code JOCKERS at checkout for an extra 15% off!
Have you checked out Dr Jockers amazing book on Fasting? It’s called — Fasting Transformation: A Functional Guide To Burn Fat, Heal Your Body, And Transform Your Life With Intermittent And Extended Fasting.
You can find this great book available on AMAZON! We’d love your support (and if you like the book) I know he’d appreciate a review too! Claim Your Copy Here.
Subscribe to the podcast on:
- Paleovalley Supergreens – Use Code JOCKERS for 15% off
- The Fasting Transformation by Dr. David Jockers
- The Chronic Inflammation Summit is online and FREE from June 6-12, 2022
Connect with Dr. Melissa Nohr:
Connect with Dr. Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!
People who listened to this podcast also enjoyed:
- 12 Great Brain Boosting Foods & Herbs
- Intermittent Fasting Strategies for Women with Cynthia Thurlow
- 10 Common Intermittent Fasting Myths
- Functional Nutrition for Heart Health with Dr. Jack Wolfson
- Sleep Tracking: Technology to Improve Sleep Quality