In This Episode:
In this podcast, I interview red and infrared light expert Forrest Smith about the UV spectrum and how to use pulse wave red and infrared light to help reduce pain, improve blood flow, enhance mitochondrial health, support joint health and combat inflammation.
- 06:45 Introduction to Forrest Smith
- 07:45 Understanding the UV spectrum and where the light is going.
- 09:30 How does UV light interact with our hemoglobin.
- 11:00 Understanding the physiology of delivering oxygen to our blood tissue.
- 12:50 Appreciating our body’s signaling functions.
- 13:50 How our mitochondria create energy – and how UV light increases our energy generation.
- 14:55 Reducing oxidative stress and improving inflammatory levels.
- 18:20 An exciting insight into the new frontier of red-light therapy
- 20:00 Forrest’s goal of using light to offer people a natural alternative.
- 25:38 An explanation of ‘pulse wave technology’
- 34:00 How does Kineon’s laser work? Pulse or wave?
- 35:15 What results are Forrest and his team seeing?
- 42:50 How long should you undergo a red-light therapy session?
- 45:00 Recommended time durations for acute injuries
- 50:25 Last words and inspiration from Forrest
If you’ve considered using red and infrared light to reduce pain and inflammation in your body, then today’s episode of Functional Nutrition is just for you. We get red and infrared light naturally from the sun, and Dr. Jockers is a huge fan of red light therapy and how this groundbreaking technology is helping to heal our bodies.
In this week’s episode, Dr. Jockers is chatting to Forrest Smith about red light therapy and the clinical benefits of the UV spectrum. Forrest is the CEO of Kineon, a technology company with a focus on innovating light therapy devices and providing clinical-level treatments for lasting joint-pain relief in the comfort of your home.
As Forrest points out, it’s not so much about mimicking the technical specifications of other UV lights on the market, but rather understanding where that light is going in our body and which molecules are being triggered.
UV light does play an important role in delivering oxygen to our blood, which can help our recovery when we are suffering from an injury. Learn all about how our UV light interacts with our hemoglobin and the benefits of red light therapy in this illuminating interview.
Red light therapy and the work that Kineon is doing with their technology is an important area of wellness as we seek out natural solutions to joint pain that doesn’t involve pharmaceuticals and painkillers.
If you know of anyone dealing with pain, this is a phenomenal episode to send to them. Sharing is caring! Let’s dive into the show!
“If you have chronic inflammation, in a joint or soft tissue, being able to increase the blood flow and oxygen delivery to that space has been really, really effective.“
We partner with great companies that make superior products that can help benefit your health. These products have gone through a review and vetting process by Dr. Jockers and his team and are products that we use and recommend for others.
They are truly the best of the best supplements, tools, and resources you can find to help improve your health! Even better, we have worked with the manufacturers to get you exclusive community discounts so you can get them for the lowest price on the internet.
If you are over 40 and seeking to overcome fatigue and brain fog, an excellent solution is available. Carbon 60, also known as C60, is a powerful Nobel Prize-winning antioxidant that optimizes mitochondrial function, combats inflammation and neutralizes toxic free radicals.
Today’s episode is proudly sponsored by shopc60.com. By visiting this website and using the coupon code “JOCKERS,” you can enjoy a 15% discount on your first order. Whether you follow a keto or intermittent fasting lifestyle or have a sensitive digestive system, shopc60.com offers a range of products tailored to your needs.
Paleovalley Grass Fed Organ Complex
But that’s not all! This episode is also brought to you by Paleovalley’s Grass Fed Organ Complex, a game-changer for those looking to benefit from traditional superfoods without tolerating their taste or engaging in extensive cooking.
Paleovalley’s Grass Fed Organ Complex is a standout among their impressive lineup. It features not one but THREE organs sourced from healthy, 100% grass-fed, pasture-raised cows, delivering a diverse array of essential nutrients. For a limited time, you can enjoy a generous 15% discount on the Grass Fed Organ Complex by visiting Paleovalley.com/jockers.
Subscribe To The Podcast On:
- Paleovalley Grass Fed Organ Complex – save 15% off by going to Paleovalley.com/jockers
- Shop Carbon 60 – Use the coupon code “JOCKERS” for 15% OFF your first order in all their products!
- Visit https://kineon.io/products/knee-red-light-therapy-device and get $50 off the Move+Pro when you use the code ‘JOCKERSMOVE+’ at checkout
Connect with Forrest Smith:
- Website – https://kineon.io/
Connect with Dr. David Jockers:
- If you are interested in being a guest on the show, we would love to hear from you! Please contact us here!